P1000 12 Volt Compressor

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been running with this compressor for about 4 years now. I bought it at O'reillys but it is branded and sold by many places. A bit of overkill for the Pioneer but I originally purchased it for refilling my 33" MT tires on my FJ Cruiser. It ran fine on the P1K when I picked up a nail a few weeks back and blew the plug out 3 times.

Superflow MV50

140911 mv50 hero

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
J

JTW

Awesome, I just got one on Friday and it says it'll only jump diesels to 3 liters. Good to know it will jump my duramax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that's maybe if the battery totally were drained. Most cases your battery is just low on charge and it will take care of it. Only issue I ever had was when it was 1/4-1/2 charged and my tractor battery was dead dead.

Reactions: sharp and my99svt
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used this when I was running 33's on my FJ Cruiser (@rkwerner - what up!) and always had great luck.
VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor

After looking at the specs, the max draw is 28 amps - is this any issue if I run it off my second battery? I expect it'll be no sweat filling up UTV tires compared to truck tires (all my tires are stock). I just wondered given some of the other units posted seem to draw a lot less.

Reactions: rkwerner and sharp
Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry the Q Industries MV-90 that I pack in my truck and transfer to the Pioneer when I hit the trail. I can't speak highly enough of that compressor, but it's a beast! I'm going to pick up there MV-50 to carry in the Pioneer soon.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I used this when I was running 33's on my FJ Cruiser (@rkwerner - what up!) and always had great luck.
VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor

After looking at the specs, the max draw is 28 amps - is this any issue if I run it off my second battery? I expect it'll be no sweat filling up UTV tires compared to truck tires (all my tires are stock). I just wondered given some of the other units posted seem to draw a lot less.
28 amps is prolly too much for stock wiring... but I'm guessing that's not real world numbers. It's fine if you gator clip it to the second battery.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
28 amps is prolly too much for stock wiring... but I'm guessing that's not real world numbers. It's fine if you gator clip it to the second battery.

Ok thanks. Yes, I just planned to clip it to the battery when I need it. What do you mean "too much for stock wiring"?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok thanks. Yes, I just planned to clip it to the battery when I need it. What do you mean "too much for stock wiring"?

The 12 V socket in the dash is protected with a 15 amp fuse. So if it truly pull 28 it would blow the fuse. And you couldn't put a 30 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp because the stock wiring is probably only rated for 15 or 20 A

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 12 V socket in the dash is protected with a 15 amp fuse. So if it truly pull 28 it would blow the fuse. And you couldn't put a 30 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp because the stock wiring is probably only rated for 15 or 20 A

Oh I gotcha. Mine doesn't have the 12V socket - just the clamps (but no one else likely knew that) so that's why I was confused about hooking it straight to battery. I see what you're saying now though, with the 12V socket having a 15 amp limit. I don't want to stress my system using using the bigger compressor straight off the second battery but I hate to go buy a new (smaller) one. Spent enough coin lately!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rincon
A

angus56

Nov 14, 2016
North Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What kind of air compressor are you guys carrying? I'm working on a tool box to take to the farm and thought it would be a good addition.
Go to harbor freight and get the one for 15.00 its small and just plug into cigarette lighter don't forget to add a tire plug kit to your tool box I picked up an old horseshoe nail in a tire the other day tire plug was real handy

Reactions: Rincon
advertisement