Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Tram ... I think I have six extras... will check when I get to shop today.... you still need them?? Couldn’t tell for sure by replies...
I got mine in a week.... without any extra shipping from tansky.... not that forty bucks isn’t sort of extra...
Yes I need 6 black ones. I will reorder to replace them

Reactions: sharp
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will let you know in a couple of hours if I have six.... haven’t made it to the shop yet.....
I still need four door hinge bushings ... but I am hoping @Montecresto will have some extras at wolfpen this weekend

Reactions: sharp
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Decided to copy @joeymt33 door mod and I cut holes in the rear doors. Wow those things are cavernous. All the gear I usually carry in the bed can now be stored away in the doors once I get different storage bags that fit better. Hopefully it stays cleaner, the extra gear weight is much lower, doors don’t rattle, and the bed is free to be cargo or people much easier than before when I had to rearrange everything or pile stuff on top of other stuff.

The ONLY a downside I see is if I am leaned into the door panel that has my recovery gear stored in it. I may keep a short tree saver and block in the glove compartment.

I ended up mounting the stainless hinge to the plastic panel first. Then remounting it to the door taking a piece of masking tape and lining it up along the bottom side of the hinge marking each end then removing the panel and lining the hinge up so that it was in the same place. A few rivets later and she’s done it was quick, maybe 30-45 mins.

View attachment 76048 View attachment 76049

1000-5 Rear Door Mod

[HASHTAG]#doormod[/HASHTAG]
get 2 tarp bungees and put the recovery strap to the roll bar support in the middle of the cab between headrest. i have a 20ft 2 inch strap on my 700-4 set up like this you just grab it from the driver seat no problem

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 4x8 sheet of ¼" HDPE I'll give him to attempt it...

Actually thats a really good idea, I wonder if a plastics shop could heat some HDPE and after putting insulation in there, make it fill the space? then have a gamma type lid to seal the cooler. Need a drain somehow.
shallow p cock installed in the bottom or drill it out and plug with an igloo stopper

Reactions: nick253
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
get 2 tarp bungees and put the recovery strap to the roll bar support in the middle of the cab between headrest. i have a 20ft 2 inch strap on my 700-4 set up like this you just grab it from the driver seat no problem

Not a bad idea, I’ve since rearranged everything and have a 3’ strap in the glovebox

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I will let you know in a couple of hours if I have six.... haven’t made it to the shop yet.....
I still need four door hinge bushings ... but I am hoping @Montecresto will have some extras at wolfpen this weekend
I will make you some bushings and work out the rest with you.

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Finally got some time home and finished this project. Well, almost finished. Still waiting on the thumb screws. I’ll do 2-3 per door and that should be enough.

Passenger side panel. If someone cared they could color the rivets.
View attachment 76050

Rivet up top for the chain.
View attachment 76051

Not too bad.
View attachment 76052

This is what I fit in the passenger door.
View attachment 76053

View attachment 76054

Driver side
View attachment 76055

That’s looks cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not a bad idea, I’ve since rearranged everything and have a 3’ strap in the glovebox
yeah i have alot of spare things and sunglasses sunscreen and stuff in mine. just easier to run right there. between headrest i i vent been around the 1000 in person yet but cant wait to see one and ride in 1. other than sitting at a dealer that is

J

Jaymz

Oct 29, 2018
Sault Ste Marie
Gotter all done just have to cut the holes... I installed the tansky pins in all screw locations but only use the corner pins, the other middle two just for looks. Is anyone finding you get much water inside from rain, washing, etc.?

Just wondering if I should try to cut it out nice, hinge it and use the piece to make a door to seal up from the elements.

Or just say screw it and put everything in dry bags and count on the water going in and drain out the bottom hole.

EC185FFC F39B 4ACC 8B1A 08930165F3E0

J

JTW

Gotter all done just have to cut the holes... I installed the tansky pins in all screw locations but only use the corner pins, the other middle two just for looks. Is anyone finding you get much water inside from rain, washing, etc.?

Just wondering if I should try to cut it out nice, hinge it and use the piece to make a door to seal up from the elements.

Or just say screw it and put everything in dry bags and count on the water going in and drain out the bottom hole.

View attachment 122498
Dry bags

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Yep, you’re not going to keep the water and dust out easily. Drill a couple half inch drain holes in the bottom of the door and put your items inside dry bags.

Fb8d4b1ef86cd851b44291f3df748adc

Some items like a tire tube and tie rods I just throw in the bottom and not worry about putting in a bag. I put my small air compressor and first aid kit on the top so it doesn’t sit down low enough to get water in the doors if I happen to drive through something too deep

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I looked at this for the club store. Forget why I said no. Think it was not worth the effort involved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Let's discuss at takeover

Reactions: JTW
advertisement