P1000m5 1000-5 Rear Door Inside Storage Modification

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the panel fit ok at the bottom locations? Didn’t someone say there wasn’t enough space for the latches at the bottom? How did you deal with that?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the panel fit ok at the bottom locations? Didn’t someone say there wasn’t enough space for the latches at the bottom? How did you deal with that?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My latches fit fine - you do have to drill out the holes a little on the panel - the issue come in that the angle of the screws for the top are just such that it is not a super easy pop on ---- I say this but the panel is still easier to get on and off than to hop up in the bed of the Honda and go through a toolbox.

How is everyone packing in the door to keep everything from rattling? I am looking to see if I can get a couple pieces of a water resistant foam to help with any potential rattle in the door

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My latches fit fine - you do have to drill out the holes a little on the panel - the issue come in that the angle of the screws for the top are just such that it is not a super easy pop on ---- I say this but the panel is still easier to get on and off than to hop up in the bed of the Honda and go through a toolbox.

How is everyone packing in the door to keep everything from rattling? I am looking to see if I can get a couple pieces of a water resistant foam to help with any potential rattle in the door

I’ve been using this since before the takeover and I don’t hear anything. Why don’t you try first and then only do something if you need to?

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have both doors packed and split things into water resistant bags and towels. I don't have any rattles, but my passenger side door now needs lifted about 1/4" to latch. It sure beats digging in a tool box for stuff.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have both doors packed and split things into water resistant bags and towels. I don't have any rattles, but my passenger side door now needs lifted about 1/4" to latch. It sure beats digging in a tool box for stuff.
My doors sag a little now.as well.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My doors sag a little now.as well.

Do you guys have the RB3 bushings?

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you guys have the RB3 bushings?
I do but I have not loaded down my doors yet. I do think the spacers helped the back doors more when I first installed them

Reactions: BWAF
N

nick253

May 14, 2017
Weiser, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cut my hinge bolts to about a inch of thread. Lining up the hing was in fact a b****. After a few tries swiss cheesign up the door. I started over. Used daughters playdow and made it a into a marking mold on the door for the hinge. Now i have almost perfect hole spots left from the hing mounted to the panel.

More info when I do side 2 this week.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I found that if leave the outside holes on the panel without rivets, then mount the panel with factory bolts, run drill bit through outside holes in panel, then put spacers and rivets in outside holes so all rivets are fixed in panel, then mount hinge to door with two outside holes, drill the other holes in door and rivet. Worked pretty well. I am one of those guys that measure three times, cut once, and the dam thing still is off!

Bolt holes are at a bad angle on the top two. A little downward bend to the post caused it to latch in acceptable manner.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finished this up finally.