P500 100 mile maintenance: dealer necessary?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I had my 500 dealer said change oil and look at coolant level in case it worked some air out of system . I did it in an hour taking my time.dealer also said he has yet to see valves out of spec at 100 miles.

P

PNWGuy

I stopped by the dealer last week to schedule it and he said it really isn't a big deal at 100 miles. He said to wait at least until 200 miles.

But, I noticed it is starting to run worse and worse. I can no longer start it in gear when cold or else it dies. Seems like the idle is a bit too low, but it also feels like it is starting to miss when first started and cold. Maybe bad gas, but there is only one place to buy ethanol-free fuel in this area and it's $4.49 a gallon.

Combine that with the delayed shifting issue and it is definitely going back to the dealer.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I stopped by the dealer last week to schedule it and he said it really isn't a big deal at 100 miles. He said to wait at least until 200 miles. But, I noiced it is starting to run worse and worse. I can no longer start it in gear when cold or else it dies. Seems like the idle is a bit too low, but it also feels like it is starting to miss when first started and cold. Maybe bad gas, but there is only one place to buy ethanol-free fuel in this area and it's $4.49 a gallon. Combine that with the delayed shifting issue and it is definitely going back to the dealer.

Just a friendly comment and if you think bad gas is in the unit, then I would get it out and put fresh non-ethanol fuel in the unit. As you know, fuel is not going to be a warranty issue, so I would eliminate it from the equation and leave the rest to them to figure out....