P700 Won't Start -Electrical Issue?

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,
My 2019 Pioneer 700 will not start. Heck, I got zero power. No dash display, lights, blinkers - nothing. Turn the key and zip. However, if I turn the lights on and throw the ignition the dash display flickers and I hear a buzz coming from the fuse box. It sounds like it's coming from the 4 retangular nodules next to the fuses.
I've has zero issues with this machine - in fact, it ran fine the weekend before. I have an appointment to take it into the shop buttons they are a few weeks out and I'm willing to dive in if I can get some experienced guidance.
Has anyone experienced this or can provide some theory?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reactions: rtn001
H

HondaTech

Sounds like low battery.

Check voltage w/ key on and if that appears ok, then maybe the relays are at fault. Or a bad/loose connection.

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like low battery.

Check voltage w/ key on and if that appears ok, then maybe the relays are at fault. Or a bad/loose connection.
I should have mentioned that the battery is good. I checked it's charge first thing.
Can you point me in the right direction - where to find the relays?

Thanks!

H

HondaTech

I should have mentioned that the battery is good. I checked it's charge first thing.
Can you point me in the right direction - where to find the relays?

Thanks!

Did you check with the key on?

A battery can show good voltage until the load is applied. The relays are the 4 large squares next to the fuses under the hood.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2

A battery can show good voltage until the load is applied. The relays are the 4 large squares next to the fuses under the hood.
I did not but will go do that right now!
Relays; that's what's making the noise.

W

WillMT

May 16, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Okay, so the battery had a 12 volt charge when I initially checked it. Now it's 7.5! And with the key on it drops to 1.5.
Putting it on the charger, again...

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our 2019 700-4 had a bad battery right from the dealer.
Not 3 weeks and had to buy a new one.
No issues since

Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I was able to download and save the Shop Manual for my 1000-5 and troubleshoot some electrical gremlins I had.
It helped me a lot.
This forum is awesome for owners helping one another.

advertisement