P1000 Windshield Fogging Up

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anybody been able too come up with a solution for the windshield fogging up? Don't have the heater kit, so I have no air too blow on my windshield to keep it from fogging up while riding. Installed a shifter boot on the gear selector, but it didn't make much of a difference as far as windshield fog. Any suggestions would be helpful

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Has anybody been able too come up with a solution for the windshield fogging up? Don't have the heater kit, so I have no air too blow on my windshield to keep it from fogging up while riding. Installed a shifter boot on the gear selector, but it didn't make much of a difference as far as windshield fog. Any suggestions would be helpful

As you know, there is a fine line between the level of moisture, fogging, etc., on a windshield, so I don't know if this will help, but a relatively cheap experiment would be a small 12 volt, plug fan,

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
12v can is what I'm thinking of trying. Road all day in the rain Saturday and found out if I open the glove box, the small hole that the twist lock twists in let's a fair amount of air circulate inside the cab and noticeably made a difference on the passenger side. I have a 2" diameter aluminum pipe left off my pellet stove inlet air, now, if I could figure out a way to grab that outside air while moving....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12v can is what I'm thinking of trying. Road all day in the rain Saturday and found out if I open the glove box, the small hole that the twist lock twists in let's a fair amount of air circulate inside the cab and noticeably made a difference on the passenger side. I have a 2" diameter aluminum pipe left off my pellet stove inlet air, now, if I could figure out a way to grab that outside air while moving....

12v fan/heater helps slightly, it keeps the steam from staying on the glass long enough to condensate there and a lot will evaporate back into the air