Windshield Defogger

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Anyone got ideas for a windshield defogger?

I dont have and enclosed cab. I was hoping there would be a kit similar to the rear window defoggers with horizontal lines that would be almost invisible. Cant find any - we do some pretty amazing $#1t with technology so I figured why not.

Maybe I'll have to try a small electric heater with a fan pointing down from the roof.

Anyone have luck with anything yet?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
How is it fogging if you don't have a cab??
The windshield does fog when it gets cold. I guess it's from the heat on the inside. Not sure of a remedy though...

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I parked in woods today and went for a walk. When I came back after sunset the windshield was fogged inside and had a mist on the outside. It happened last winter too especially in colder weather. I kept a cloth on the seat to wipe it down.
Visibility driving home would have been much better if I could heat the window.

We have A LOT of humidity here in the winter.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I parked in woods today and went for a walk. When I came back after sunset the windshield was fogged inside and had a mist on the outside. It happened last winter too especially in colder weather. I kept a cloth on the seat to wipe it down.

Yep I've experienced the same. I wonder if spraying something on the windshield might help? I've used a spray on my Oakley sunglasses before for running. It helps keep them from fogging. I wonder if there is something similar available for these windshields?

Reactions: ghost
J

JTW

How about a little cigarette plug fan blowing on it? I don't see you doing any good with heat unless you have a closed cab.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yep I've experienced the same. I wonder if spraying something on the windshield might help? I've used a spray on my Oakley sunglasses before for running. It helps keep them from fogging. I wonder if there is something similar available for these windshields?
Yes - there are similar anti-fog products sold for automotive.
I have not had great success with them but might be worth a try. Never tried it on the pioneer. Might be more of a bandaid than a fix

J

JTW

I guess you all are just going to have to start saving your spit... works on a scuba mask!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes - there are similar anti-fog products sold for automotive.
I have not had great success with them but might be worth a try. Never tried it on the pioneer. Might be more of a bandaid than a fix
I hear ya. I'll probably give it a try this winter.

advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I guess you all are just going to have to start saving your spit... works on a scuba mask!
LOL - im gonna need a longer snorkel if im gonna drive under water

Reactions: JTW
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I found this defogger for about $20 and installed it a about 2 months ago.
It finally came in handy yesterday and I was surprised how well it worked considering it does not put out a lot of air. Its not a miracle cure but cleared the driver's side of windshield while parked after a couple minutes. Not completely - but enough to keep driving. It even helped keeping the windshield clear while driving.
IMG 3424

D

Deleted member 3748

Back in 1990 or 1991 I had a '77 CJ7. I bought a stick-on rear window defroster for that. It was just like the ones you get from the factory but about 25% of the quality. For the rear side windows, I kept a glove on the end of my ski pole and I could wipe the steam off... just enough to make a semi-safe lane change.

Reactions: JTW