P1000 Windrock ride

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took my son for a short ride yesterday. Basically trail 22 then worked our way to Top Of Windrock to watch the sunset. Then did a little night wheeling to try out the new lights. Had a blast!
I did put it on it side at the enyrance to trail 4 of all places. Drove it on out though and no harm.

I do want to install the 2 inch lift and skidplates. Next set of tires will be hopefully something with a little more grip on the rocks.

This is him driving for the first time on trail 22.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much experience with ATV stuff. Wondering if a little less lug interruption would help on wet rocks.

I know on my crawler there is a point where too much lug spacing hurts traction. Always a trade off here on the east coast between mud and rocks.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sipes and compound, too soft and it’ll chunk.

@snuffnwhisky has the superglue tires I want to say they were maybe double what a Blackwater Evo is per tire.

They are incredibly sticky though.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how much stuff he has broke with the stickies? Drive train holding up well?
Years ago before their we're competition sticky offroad tires, a buddy had a set of BFG Mud terrains that he had siped.

They were awesome in Tellico. I siped a set of 38" TSLs that served me very well in the early years.
Then along came the BFG sticky Krawlers and Maxxis stickies.

I swore I would not turn the Pioneer into a hardcore buggy. That I would just use my rock Crawler for that.

I feel it is too late. Feels like I am running a fever....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how much stuff he has broke with the stickies? Drive train holding up well?
Years ago before their we're competition sticky offroad tires, a buddy had a set of BFG Mud terrains that he had siped.

They were awesome in Tellico. I siped a set of 38" TSLs that served me very well in the early years.
Then along came the BFG sticky Krawlers and Maxxis stickies.

I swore I would not turn the Pioneer into a hardcore buggy. That I would just use my rock Crawler for that.

I feel it is too late. Feels like I am running a fever....

There are people that break axels with the machine stock. There are others that haven’t broken them with 30’s and lots of mods. I am going out on a limb here (fairly thick one) and say that the driver has a large contribution to the longevity of the axles.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I love trail 22, has a little bit of everything. May make a trip Saturday to windrock. Havent been in 4 or 5 weeks.

Reactions: Plumber32
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I swapped axles when I put the stickys on. One side All Ball's the other Rhino. I broke the front All Balls first trip out I guess. I didn't even know it was broke till another ride trying to climb a waterfall in a creek. Put a Rhino in there and no problems since. No steering stops either with an IGR.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love trail 22, has a little bit of everything. May make a trip Saturday to windrock. Havent been in 4 or 5 weeks.
It used to be a warm up connector to the left side of the park. Has 3 spots now that you cant just blast through. The ledges in the video, and a couple rocky sections. If that berm on the left of the ledges gets pushed away, they are going to be very challenging! It was almost gone yesterday.
I beleive the first time i went to Windrock was early 2000. We used to run Rattle Rock and Atomic ridge. We still run Rattle Rock, but have not been to Atomic Ridge in years.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Top of Windrock last night.

Escalator last fall

advertisement