P1000 Winch rope thimble?

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Getting things in order to hang my winch. I noticed the Warn Axon 45-S's rope has no thimble? I looked on WARN's website. It shows no thimble on the winch rope. Is this normal, or should I try to grab one?

Reactions: TxDoc
J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those thimbles look cool. My unit came with the factory Warn winch with a chain hook. I can get a D ring onto my Warn winch chain hook if I unscrew the bolt on the D ring. YMMV. So a D Ring and a Tree Saver strap goes into my under seat storage and a D-Ring receiver hitch completes the package.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
This is the part I was referring to. It goes in the loop at the end of the rope. Not sure if this is needed on the synthetic rope? Do I need to get one you think?
IMG 2922

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the part I was referring to. It goes in the loop at the end of the rope. Not sure if this is needed on the synthetic rope? Do I need to get one you think?
View attachment 249204

Those thimbles are junk. They always get bent. I'd skip it or buy a rope with a tube thimble

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the part I was referring to. It goes in the loop at the end of the rope. Not sure if this is needed on the synthetic rope? Do I need to get one you

So it looks like the factory setup is a rope loop to a black chain hook. The Factor 55 thimble and ilk look really cool to me. They have a video online on how to remove the factory loop and splice in their thimble. I have no personal experience with this style of thimble. In fact, I have no experience with synthetic rope.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Yeah, I like that one. Guess it has to be spliced on. I guess I’ll just try it without?