Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What are you finding as a good location to mount the remote plug in for your winch? I was going to do mine under the parking brake but thought my knee might end up hitting it. I have seen on the black part of the hood but not sure how i like that. Just looking for ideas.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mounted mine left of the fairlead.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
What are you finding as a good location to mount the remote plug in for your winch? I was going to do mine under the parking brake but thought my knee might end up hitting it. I have seen on the black part of the hood but not sure how i like that. Just looking for ideas.
I put mine in the glove box because I didn't want to see as it doesn't look Honda-ish. So now the handle and cord are already in there, sometimes I leave it plugged right in.

the only thing is the glove box door needs to be open to use it. However when I'm done with it it's all put away.

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I put mine in the glove box because I didn't want to see as it doesn't look Honda-ish. So now the handle and cord are already in there, sometimes I leave it plugged right in.

the only thing is the glove box door needs to be open to use it. However when I'm done with it it's all put away.
I like that idea, thanks.

Reactions: QuadMan747
QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I like that idea, thanks.
If you do that, keep in mind the inside wall of the glovebox is angled so you'll need to put the receptacle high enough up towards the top of the side wall of the glovebox so you can still plug the cord in without the plug itself hitting the bottom of the box. The plug is about 3-4" long if I remember correctly. Does that make sense? I can take a picture later tonight as mine ended up being close.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you do that, keep in mind the inside wall of the glovebox is angled so you'll need to put the receptacle high enough up towards the top of the side wall of the glovebox so you can still plug the cord in without the plug itself hitting the bottom of the box. The plug is about 3-4" long if I remember correctly. Does that make sense? I can take a picture later tonight as mine ended up being close.

Yep thanks, Ill look when i get home. I probably wont use that much once i get my rocker switch set up. so hidden away would be nice

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Yup, same with me. I need to wire my switch also. I put in my dash hopefully I'll get it done before I need the plow or I'll be having the glove box open with a trigger in my hand. I cut the switch into my dash board with my trusty my sawzall :)

Switch

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ordered one of the switch plates from Mystic on here. But waiting until i accumulate the plate, fuse box, breaker, etc before i put it all together.

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
I never installed mine I didn't get to it but I was thinking of mounting it under the hood , and for some reason my glove box would get watcin it sometimes so I drilledca small hole in the bottom to keep my wallet dry lol

M

MuddinGramps

Jun 12, 2017
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I put my winch rocker switch on the steering column just under the headlight switch. It's out of the way and hardly even noticeable. I'm running a viper [HASHTAG]#4500[/HASHTAG] midnight winch. Might think about moving it to a custom switch plate in the dash when I get to adding more accessories like lights, radio, etc.

Reactions: jakes29
advertisement