P1000 Winch mount question

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK guys I’m confused.

What is the difference between this......

2AE3A122 9A06 4D67 AE35 350FA30BBB46

and this?

91CD551C 8F73 4573 8477 DC423BF4FCF2

WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Feb 13, 2016
South Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK guys I’m confused.

What is the difference between this......

View attachment 81553

and this?

View attachment 81552

The one on the bottom is designed specifically for the Honda and has the wiring harness for the winch, the other does not appear to be specific. Before i bought my bumper I used the KFI winch mount. Worked fine, only thing i didn't like about it was the angle it had comming thru the fairlead. You can buy a mount and an aftermarket winch for way less than what Honda wants for it.

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The one with the wiring harness is 3 times the price and looks like 10 times harder to install.

WillyNilly

WillyNilly

Feb 13, 2016
South Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I put washers as spacer on my kfi to try and reduce the sharpe angle. I think the honda one sits with an angle so there is not such a shrape angle on the line coming thru the fairlead, I think; Don't quote me on that.

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So the only difference between the two mounts is the wiring harness?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am in the process of installing the Honda winch and mounting kit on my 2016 3pax. I got the kit and parts when I bought my buggy so I got a good discount on them and some bonus points to buy other stuff later. I am doing the Horn and backup alarm at the same time. My only issue so far has been the instruction set is hard to inderstand and some wiring harnesses were not mentioned as needed before hand. I also am going to add a second battery and control while I have it all apart. My thought is it is almost always better to buy product specific parts, when available, then to try and cheap out for aftermarket that almost always seem to have fitment problems.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am in the process of installing the Honda winch and mounting kit on my 2016 3pax. I got the kit and parts when I bought my buggy so I got a good discount on them and some bonus points to buy other stuff later. I am doing the Horn and backup alarm at the same time. My only issue so far has been the instruction set is hard to inderstand and some wiring harnesses were not mentioned as needed before hand. I also am going to add a second battery and control while I have it all apart. My thought is it is almost always better to buy product specific parts, when available, then to try and cheap out for aftermarket that almost always seem to have fitment problems.
First, WELCOME! The dealer installed mine and put the winch control plug in, in the glove box, it's ok, but I think it would be handier on the dash some where for the controller that has the extension cord thingy, other wise a rocker switch will suffice in most situations, been in one situation where none of the above would work, all ways best to ride with @GlockMeister, @Ragnar406 and other friends, HA!:confused: I would install the dual battery set up first, then the other accessories , that way you can check things as you go and not have to back track. Happy Trails! Reminds me, Khan where did you get your snach block? I think I need one!

Last edited: