P1000 Which winch mount?

B

Bubbadoyle

Mar 28, 2017
Lodi WI
In the next week or two I’ll be getting a new 1000-5. I had a superwinch terra 45 with a kfi mount on my previous machine. It worked fine but the rope angle was bad. Is there a better mount out there that works with the factory bumper that the rope comes straight through? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: BWAF
D

Damian

Jan 6, 2018
Independence KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the next week or two I’ll be getting a new 1000-5. I had a superwinch terra 45 with a kfi mount on my previous machine. It worked fine but the rope angle was bad. Is there a better mount out there that works with the factory bumper that the rope comes straight through? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 Bulldog Winch Custom-Fit Steel Winch Mount for Honda Pioneer 1000

This is the one I used. Straight pull. Winch is mounted upside down.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the EMP mount with my terra 45 synthetic rope. The angle on the rope is almost perfectly straight. Installation was a little bit of a PITA, but worth it to get a solid mounted winch with a straight pull.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats the one I used with a warn axon. Its kinda weird mounting a winch upside down, but i guess it dosent hurt anything.
Looks like it fits well but I'd rather have the winch mounted to the frame instead of the bumper.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It Is mounted to the frame
No, it's mounted to the front bumper bolt and the back side of the bumper. The primary load path of the winch pull is through the tiny 6mm bolts holding on the top of the bumper. They could have at least used the 4 bolts that are there and not just 2.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the EMP mount with my terra 45 synthetic rope. The angle on the rope is almost perfectly straight. Installation was a little bit of a PITA, but worth it to get a solid mounted winch with a straight pull.
Yea, I have this one too - great mount - upsidedown winch position, ties into frame - but it is a b**** to install and I have needed to clean my winch but don’t want to uninstall and install again

D

DDDonkey

I have the SATV one and really liked it until I bent the first one. I have never used it and my son leaned against the button and pulled the cable through the fairlead and bent the mount. Hope the first one was just a bad one......

NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I went this same route based off this post. Winch is here but mount in back ordered till next week.

advertisement
T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats the one I used with a warn axon. Its kinda weird mounting a winch upside down, but i guess it dosent hurt anything.
Why didn't u use the warn winch mount? Is the bull dog better?

T

twsagslrs

Mar 9, 2019
Ennice
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One post u said u used a bulldog mount and in another u said u used a warn mount. Which one do u have now and which one is better? I am getting a warn axon 45s and trying to figure out what mounting plate to buy.

Reactions: sharp
Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One post u said u used a bulldog mount and in another u said u used a warn mount. Which one do u have now and which one is better? I am getting a warn axon 45s and trying to figure out what mounting plate to buy.
I have that winch and I used the warn mount. Works great. All 4 bolts that hold bumper on goes through the mount.

Reactions: twsagslrs and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I probably got confused, ive bought 3 or 4 mounts in the last year for various atv/utvs. Lol. The one i used on the pioneer with the axon was a warn mount.

Reactions: twsagslrs
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, I have this one too - great mount - upsidedown winch position, ties into frame - but it is a b**** to install and I have needed to clean my winch but don’t want to uninstall and install again
Concur: EMP mount is a PITA to install. When you tighten the mount onto the bumper rails, it torques the bumper rails slightly out of alignment and you can't get the bumper back on. I had to use shims between the mount and the bumper rails to adjust the alignment, then it went on okay. On the flip side, it is very sturdy with the U-bolts around the frame rails.. Already had to winch me out of a silty river bed ....

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the viper winch mount available here:

P1000 - Viper Winch Mount

VERY slight angle, but bolts only to the frame, easy to install and even came with an adapter for my fairlead.

Well worth the money (about a third cheaper than anything else I could find).

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also have the Viper mount and of all the mounts I’ve seen it’s the best option while using stock bumper