P500 Which offroad lights?

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
A little confused on what type of lights to run.I have Honda factory roof and tip out windshield. Also strongmade bumper. I was thinking about the square type lights for the front bumper. I believe that they have lower amp draw and would not be as problematic to install as a light bar.Any response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Buryit
S

Skeeter

Oct 13, 2015
south louisiana
WIN 20151126 083503 WIN 20151126 083644 WIN 20151126 083403
A little confused on what type of lights to run.I have Honda factory roof and tip out windshield. Also strongmade bumper. I was thinking about the square type lights for the front bumper. I believe that they have lower amp draw and would not be as problematic to install as a light bar.Any response would be appreciated. Thank you.

I put light rack with four LED's Two flood and two spot. Ordered relay kit, the hot to energize the relay to Honda wire harness and the hot to the lights to the fuse box I put under the hood for all my accessories. Works great

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
I will be mounting square ones on front bumper at some point. Can't afford anything on roof because of height in areas I ride.
I have an overhead door on my shed and have about 2" of clearance, driving into the shed.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I will be mounting square ones on front bumper at some point. Can't afford anything on roof because of height in areas I ride.
That's what I was thinking.

S

Skeeter

Oct 13, 2015
south louisiana
That's what I was thinking.

The pics are deceiving. If you have the Honda top the rear of the roof goes up higher than the light bar by 1\2'' so height shouldn't be a issue. I too ride in low hanging tree limbs and never had a problem yet.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
With LEDs the amp draw is really not a big deal - amazing amount of light for the power consumption. I personally run two LED cubes on the
bottom of my roll bar. We ride in a lot of TIGHT woods so keeping things low and out of the way is a big advantage for us. Really gives enough light for any trail riding situation at a normal sane speed....

IMG 0942

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
With LEDs the amp draw is really not a big deal - amazing amount of light for the power consumption. I personally run two LED cubes on the
bottom of my roll bar. We ride in a lot of TIGHT woods so keeping things low and out of the way is a big advantage for us. Really gives enough light for any trail riding situation at a normal sane speed....

View attachment 7863
Is that a polaris trailer? What brand lights are you running?

advertisement
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
No sir - Mission, all Alum with the Alum bed and detectable sides and ramp. Think it is a little under 700lbs with the spare on it.

I bought the lights off eBay - seems to me the two were about $25 bucks total for the set. Was just getting them for cheap backup lights but when I saw how nice they were I used them up front. Also have a set on my Mule pro and both are holding up great.

Reactions: Moose308
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
No sir - Mission, all Alum with the Alum bed and detectable sides and ramp. Think it is a little under 700lbs with the spare on it.

I bought the lights off eBay - seems to me the two were about $25 bucks total for the set. Was just getting them for cheap backup lights but when I saw how nice they were I used them up front. Also have a set on my Mule pro and both are holding up great.
Thanks for the info. I like the setup.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Guess I won't be buying lights for a bit, just "accidentally" bought new bounty hunter radial tires lol. Gotta watch clicking on things wife said....

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Guess I won't be buying lights for a bit, just "accidentally" bought new bounty hunter radial tires lol. Gotta watch clicking on things wife said....
dam computers make it too easy lol. I bought 4 led cubes off amazon for $35, they can be had for really cheap money these days
20151022 150736 zps66t1cjra

Last edited:
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
dam computers make it too easy lol. I bought 4 led cubes off amazon for $35, they can be had for really cheap money these days
Have to watch add to cart lol.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looks like the same ones I got - great lights for the cash!
Did you build the mounts? Looks good

advertisement