Where do I buy a spare front tire- 1000R

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have looked everywhere to find a wheel and tire for a spare. I've had no luck. I will probably order a new I.T.P. 1528645536B Hurricane Wheel Black 15X7 4/137 5+2 $99 on Ebay tomorrow. I can't find the Maxxis Mush anywhere other than Honda or Maxxis. I don't need that exact tire for a spare. It would be best in-case I destroy one of my fronts. I also thought about getting a 30" tire. I think that is what I will use after the originals need replacing. Any opinions about this?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
If you are planning on going to 30 in tires anyway then I would make my spare a 30 in spare. To get you by and out of the trails you could mess with the air pressures to get the circumference of the Tire close enough to the same to work in a pinch. I run 32 inch tires and right now my spare is a 30. I don't plan on using it except to get me out of the trail. I do plan on getting a matching size to spare but right now this will get me by.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you are planning on going to 30 in tires anyway then I would make my spare a 30 in spare. To get you by and out of the trails you could mess with the air pressures to get the circumference of the Tire close enough to the same to work in a pinch. I run 32 inch tires and right now my spare is a 30. I don't plan on using it except to get me out of the trail. I do plan on getting a matching size to spare but right now this will get me by.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't mind buying a new tire that I can pair with another new tire when I change. And I could use my old 28" tire as a spare.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't mind buying a new tire that I can pair with another new tire when I change. And I could use my old 28" tire as a spare.
While you 'can' use an off sized tire to 'get back', it will probably set a code that won't reset itself when you put the right size tire back on. Someone posted that procedure recently but I don't remember where. Someone else had to bring his in to the dealer to get the code reset.

Reactions: Doogle
Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
While you 'can' use an off sized tire to 'get back', it will probably set a code that won't reset itself when you put the right size tire back on. Someone posted that procedure recently but I don't remember where. Someone else had to bring his in to the dealer to get the code reset.
"use your jumper between the brown/red wire and the green wire" I think this was a Lil_Steve quote.
Thanks again CID. Yes I've copied and saved most of your helpful posts. I've even sent my CID files to a couple Talon owners that I winter near.

Reactions: CID