P1000 What Spare Parts to Keep On-Hand?

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's happened to me, bent a tie-rod the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend and it took 4-5 days to get a new one delivered, also not anything my local dealers keep in stock. Killed my weekend - I ordered two. I see recently someone needed a front brake line part. I know I've seen a list of tools with a partial list of spare parts to carry with you. What I'm thinking is a bin in the garage with Honda Pioneer spare parts so I don't have to wait 4-5 days for delivery. I can get back up in running in a couple hours.

What do you think?

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
3-4 tie rods and a front axle, should hold you over for the roughest terrain unless you’re just a REALLY bad driver.
Or really unlucky. Pick up some of the push clips too. I think you can get them in a bag of 100 for pretty cheap on Amazon. Toss some in your glovebox/toolbag.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I usually take a wiring harness, a couple steering racks, 5-6 ball joints, extra ecu, extra knuckles all around, all the nuts and bolts for A arms, 4 tie rods, 10 axles, a couple wheel bearings, cotter pins, have patch kit, valve stem replacement, ball joint press, vice in the receiver hitch, 4 extra tires mounted, ball joint removal tool, Band tool for the boots, c02 kit for reseating beads, 20 foot of wire drive shaft adapter, grease, loctite, silicone, rubber cement and a little scotch. Pretty much just the basics

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've looked used the search bar, but can't find the answers.... Are both front axles the same part number? Are tie rods the same part number?

Reactions: Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've looked used the search bar, but can't find the answers.... Are both front axles the same part number? Are tie rods the same part number?
Tie-rods and front axles are interchangeable L/R. The rear axles are not as one side is slightly shorter than the other.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually take a wiring harness, a couple steering racks, 5-6 ball joints, extra ecu, extra knuckles all around, all the nuts and bolts for A arms, 4 tie rods, 10 axles, a couple wheel bearings, cotter pins, have patch kit, valve stem replacement, ball joint press, vice in the receiver hitch, 4 extra tires mounted, ball joint removal tool, Band tool for the boots, c02 kit for reseating beads, 20 foot of wire drive shaft adapter, grease, loctite, silicone, rubber cement and a little scotch. Pretty much just the basics

Thanks for the balljoint. The vise definitely came in handy

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and JTW
D

DDDonkey

And I thought I carried too much!

advertisement
R

rickoshea

"insert Polaris joke here"

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
You're guaranteed to not have a problem is you carry all of that stuff! lol

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
It's happened to me, bent a tie-rod the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend and it took 4-5 days to get a new one delivered, also not anything my local dealers keep in stock. Killed my weekend - I ordered two. I see recently someone needed a front brake line part. I know I've seen a list of tools with a partial list of spare parts to carry with you. What I'm thinking is a bin in the garage with Honda Pioneer spare parts so I don't have to wait 4-5 days for delivery. I can get back up in running in a couple hours.

What do you think?
I wouldn't have let a bent tie rod stop me, they can be fixed easily, or cut and a sleeve welded on, or something to get me going for the weekend! There's always someone ready to make a few bucks on a friday evening or Saturday of a long weekend

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last bent tie rod I saw took out the brake line as well. Those are now in the box as well.

Reactions: TripleB