P1000 What size Surecan?

J

Jshell3

What size Surecan fits in the back with seats up position?

ie... between the rear folded seat backs and with the tailgate up.

No add'l storage, currently on Big Blue, but wanna make sure to carry a extra fuel for the long hauls. Space is limited.

Thanks.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Both Roto-pax and Surecan have their places. Surecan is excellent to keep around the house and carry when you need to. They are super tough. But the RP are the only choice for mounting to the vehicle. I've got the 2 gallon and 3 gallon versions but I recently saw the one gallon model and they look very handy. I could get several of those and store them more easily.

Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

Both Roto-pax and Surecan have their places. Surecan is excellent to keep around the house and carry when you need to. They are super tough. But the RP are the only choice for mounting to the vehicle. I've got the 2 gallon and 3 gallon versions but I recently saw the one gallon model and they look very handy. I could get several of those and store them more easily.
So the roto-pax is $70 and the mount is another $70?
Am I reading that right?

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 3(5gallon) and 1(2.2gallin for 2stroke mix) sure cans, I replaced all my others. They work really WELL.

Rotopax is great for trail use.

Tractor supply carries the 5gallon for $44

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are high but they are good quality. Check out all the options they have. Water, fuel, med kit, tool kit, etc.

Toolkit is NOT water-resistant FYI, had a lot of rusty Polaris repair tools. When I cleaned it out to sell it with my 700.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size Surecan fits in the back with seats up position?

ie... between the rear folded seat backs and with the tailgate up.

No add'l storage, currently on Big Blue, but wanna make sure to carry a extra fuel for the long hauls. Space is limited.

Thanks.
Sounds like you need to build or buy some sort of storage either off the rear rops like Moses makes and sells. Looks like top notch work. Or build something with the tail gate folded down. Or storage to slide into the rear hitch like Cumminspusher. Here is what i made to sit on top of the tail gate with it in the down position
7cbaa283be1730fc271f93365e8829d8

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

J

Jshell3

Sounds like you need to build or buy some sort of storage either off the rear rops like Moses makes and sells. Looks like top notch work. Or build something with the tail gate folded down. Or storage to slide into the rear hitch like Cumminspusher. Here is what i made to sit on top of the tail gate with it in the down position
7cbaa283be1730fc271f93365e8829d8

Nice!
I thought about modifying a bumper cargo hauler to expand the surface plain when the tailgate is down.

If that makes sense.

Reactions: JTW
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice!
I thought about modifying a bumper cargo hauler to expand the surface plain when the tailgate is down.

If that makes sense.
Ya makes sense. Thats what i did basically. One side is a tool box the other side holds a small cooler and a Jerry can.

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Ya makes sense. Thats what i did basically. One side is a tool box the other side holds a small cooler and a Jerry can.

I'm not near the fabricator tho...