P1000 What range do you use with your tracks on?

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Just wondering what range most of you use when you have your tracks installed? I’ve been trying to use low range as much as possible because I don’t want any clutch issues .With the track sprockets gearing it down another 30% or so I was wondering if high range would be ok if I’m not pulling a load. I haven’t had the clutch update done yet neither so I’m a little paranoid. What range are you guys using and have you had any problems yet. The main thing I noticed is that the snow and ice likes to build up around the rear cv boots so I’ve been keeping an eye on that and cleaning the ice buildup off whenever I park it. 05d4967ace932765490e128f675b545e18b4435d9fe5604c842b5862bc8ceb44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering what range most of you use when you have your tracks installed? I’ve been trying to use low range as much as possible because I don’t want any clutch issues .With the track sprockets gearing it down another 30% or so I was wondering if high range would be ok if I’m not pulling a load. I haven’t had the clutch update done yet neither so I’m a little paranoid. What range are you guys using and have you had any problems yet. The main thing I noticed is that the snow and ice likes to build up around the rear cv boots so I’ve been keeping an eye on that and cleaning the ice buildup off whenever I park it. View attachment 66508View attachment 66509

Nice ride !!! I don't have tracks but would stick with low .That looks like a pretty good load. But on the other hand you could try it in high and see how hard it works it.Since your use to pulling it in low you could probably tell if it's to much.Happy fishing! !!

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

A

AVKO

Nov 19, 2017
Sioux Falls, SD
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just wondering what range most of you use when you have your tracks installed? I’ve been trying to use low range as much as possible because I don’t want any clutch issues .With the track sprockets gearing it down another 30% or so I was wondering if high range would be ok if I’m not pulling a load. I haven’t had the clutch update done yet neither so I’m a little paranoid. What range are you guys using and have you had any problems yet. The main thing I noticed is that the snow and ice likes to build up around the rear cv boots so I’ve been keeping an eye on that and cleaning the ice buildup off whenever I park it. View attachment 66508View attachment 66509

I’ve only had mine on since the beginning of the year so I don’t have a lot of use with them. I’ve used both low and hi. If going slow I’ll use low otherwise I’ll use high. High range is much quieter.

Was recently up on Lake Winnipeg with them and it was sure nice driving wherever we wanted. Top speed with the skinny pedal pinned was 31 mph gps. Most of the time we traveled around 15 mph gps which was rough enough. Range definitely appears limited without extra fuel.

AVKO

Reactions: BWAF
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I only got to run mine for about a month since Mother Nature can’t decide if it’s going to be winter or not here in Michigan. I ran it mostly in high thinking that the sprocket reduction would help. I also mainly used manual to make sure to keep the rpms up.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I’ve been using high more now unless I’m pulling the fish house. I find myself using manual most of the time too. When I first installed them the track tension was to tight. I loosened them and set the tension according to the manual and they seem to run a lot smoother. I noticed the machine is a lot thirstier with the tracks on too.

Reactions: BWAF
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been using high more now unless I’m pulling the fish house. I find myself using manual most of the time too. When I first installed them the track tension was to tight. I loosened them and set the tension according to the manual and they seem to run a lot smoother. I noticed the machine is a lot thirstier with the tracks on too.

Yep, I think if you were to go out riding for the day you would need to take more than an extra 5 gallons to be on the safe side depending on how hard you are going to ride. We had the Honda heater put in when we bought it and I’ve noticed a lot more heat coming out with the tracks on. No doubt due to the higher rpm.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
A heater may be my next investment my windshield ices and fogs up sometimes but will wait till next winter. I’m in Florida now till the end of the month so it won’t be long when I get back until the snow is gone.

J

JTW

Do you all ever run them when there isn’t snow? I’m curious how they perform out on dry trails. Last weekend there was a guy on a Polaris 4-wheeler with tracks and it was interesting to watch.

Reactions: Kilo427
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Do you all ever run them when there isn’t snow? I’m curious how they perform out on dry trails. Last weekend there was a guy on a Polaris 4-wheeler with tracks and it was interesting to watch.

I just got them a month ago but I myself wouldn’t run them on a dry trail. Snow yes,swamp or marshes maybe if I had to. For me they are to get me on the lake to fish or to my cabin in the snow. I also plow with them.

Reactions: JTW