P1000 what is the stock wheel offset?

W

wshelton96

Jan 28, 2021
Summersville, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking to buy all 4 new wheels to be the same size so they can be rotated, since my sxs is street legal. does anyone know the stock offset on the p1k5 or what offset would work fine when running a 27-8.5-14 light duty truck tire? any help is much appreciated. will upload some pics once i get home from this thing called work.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking to buy all 4 new wheels to be the same size so they can be rotated, since my sxs is street legal. does anyone know the stock offset on the p1k5 or what offset would work fine when running a 27-8.5-14 light duty truck tire? any help is much appreciated. will upload some pics once i get home from this thing called work.
I'm not sure what the stock offset is but 5+2 is the most common and makes it a little more wider. But why such a slim tire? 8.5 is realy narrow.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine are 5+2 with LT tires. But my size is 30x9.5x15
7CE28409 0A6C 4087 A562 C45E3DE22285

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
If memory serves me correctly, the OEM wheels offset on the P1K are 30mm front and 50mm rear. With 26mm approx = 1".

Two common solutions:

Run 5+2 offset wheels and 1" spacers in rear to align wheel track.

Run 5+2 offset front and 4+3 offset rear to align wheel track.

The first solution allows to have a common wheel and spare that can be used on any corner.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wshelton, by your description I am guessing you are mounting the General Grabbers? I have looked into those as well, a perfect little truck tire for the 14" wheels and stock tire height. If you found another, I'm looking forward to hear what it is, but I'm putting a 2 dollar bill on the Grabbers.

So, maybe you or the others here can tell me, what size are the factory wheels? The front tires on deluxe models are 9", so the 8.5 Grabber will fit perfect. BUT the rears are 11" tires, so are they just an 11" inch tire on the same size wheel as the fronts, making it stick out one more inch on each side? Or are the rear wheels actually wider. I think all 4 wheels are the same size, looking for info to see if I am correct. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wshelton, by your description I am guessing you are mounting the General Grabbers? I have looked into those as well, a perfect little truck tire for the 14" wheels and stock tire height. If you found another, I'm looking forward to hear what it is, but I'm putting a 2 dollar bill on the Grabbers.

So, maybe you or the others here can tell me, what size are the factory wheels? The front tires on deluxe models are 9", so the 8.5 Grabber will fit perfect. BUT the rears are 11" tires, so are they just an 11" inch tire on the same size wheel as the fronts, making it stick out one more inch on each side? Or are the rear wheels actually wider. I think all 4 wheels are the same size, looking for info to see if I am correct. Thanks!
The stock fronts are 6.5 inches wide and the rears are 8 inches wide.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The stock fronts are 6.5 inches wide and the rears are 8 inches wide.
Right and theyll never find an LT tire for the rear. Best to go the same all the way around. The buggy looks better and like Jackal sad, you have a spare for all corners plus you can rotate them to get the best ware. Ive had my Achilles MT’s For 3yrs now with 3,500 miles on them everything from paved rd,mud,sand,swamp and Colorado rock Terrain and there waring great.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Here you go fellas! If u really want to run a 27x8.5x14” truck LT tire but must be same size all the way around. That is a mo fo to find that size, much less in a 14”. IMO if your buying LT’s like I did and new rims, go with a 15”, Chit ton more selection. These look nice tho.
One things for sure, tire prices have gone up faster than the Biden vote count at 2am election night since he got in wow! I pd 99$Ea for my mt 30’s before all this.

Forceum M/T 08 Plus Mud Off-Road Light Truck Radial Tire-27X8.50R14LT 27X8.50X14 27X8.50-14 95Q Load Range C LRC 6-Ply BSW Black Side Wall Amazon.com: Forceum M/T 08 Plus Mud Off-Road Light Truck Radial Tire-27X8.50R14LT 27X8.50X14 27X8.50-14 95Q Load Range C LRC 6-Ply BSW Black Side Wall : Automotive
41EB4219 94BD 4370 806C 5521F74D3D52

D

Deanr308

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine are 5+2 with LT tires. But my size is 30x9.5x15
View attachment 292155
Do you have any kind of lift in.your machine to have the 30 inch tires? Any mods at all? Just wondering as i want the same size tires on my machine but don't want any rubbing issues. Also how is the power? There must be some loss right? Thanks in advance!

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have any kind of lift in.your machine to have the 30 inch tires? Any mods at all? Just wondering as i want the same size tires on my machine but don't want any rubbing issues. Also how is the power? There must be some loss right? Thanks in advance!
Oh yeah I got a lift. SATV forward arched arms and Fox shocks with pre load to get my lift. I'm full of mods lol. If u want tires without a lift stay at 28's and imo some spacers to help with the offset and rubbing. Not all 28" tires are the same. As for the type & weight, depending on size, type and wheel yes it can add weight and power loss. Depends on your riding style if you need the little power you loose? Me, I moded with an exhaust and with a few connections I have, I have a different ECU that had to be carfuly modified to work with my P1K5, its not plug and play. That gave me a tremendous amount of power in different ways. You can look at my build below for all the details of my machine.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
W

wshelton96

Jan 28, 2021
Summersville, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

i also found the kuhmo road venture on amazon in the same size. only down fall is they are a directional tire. but also a little cheaper.

Reactions: Lady01