What is the first thing I should do?

M

mh88

Feb 7, 2014
Georgia
I just bought my new pioneer. It should be in next week. In yalls opinion what is the first thing/mod. I should do to my pioneer.

Thanks
Matt

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
install a winch or roof or a set of pitbull tires :D

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
Roof and a windshield, windshield type depending on what type of climate you live in! Cold winter, warmer milder summers like here in Michigan Id go with a two piece windshield so you can use it year round! I just got mine wednesday, I bought a roof and the windshield and rear panel is in the mail. A arm guards will be the next purchase or build along with a rear bumper!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Get it dirty, ahh post a selfie on Facebook. If it is raining when you get it put a roof on it or get a big fricking umbrella, maybe a windscreen. Smile I quess!

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Based on your first ten miles in the cold and getting stuck, it sounds like your first mod's should be a winch and windshield, followed by another bank loan (similar cost to the pioneer) for: Roof, Tracks system, Doors & Rear Enclosure, Heater, Plow, LED Lightbar, Mirrors, Large alloy wheels and Tires, Audio system, rear Bumper; Spare tire & mount; Ancillary Battery, A-arm CV boot protectors, Cab lights, Bed Mat, Street Legal kit; Switch Panel, Overhead gun rack, custom vinyl Graphics Kit, First aid kit, tire repair & fire extinguisher, GPS, GRMS & weather radio, LED whip antenna, 2" trailer hitch, Floor mats, Fender extenders, Ice auger mount, rock sliders, etc...etc.. :lol:

N

nagromr1

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2013
First thing I would do for a new clean pioneer is go to 2faroffroad and get.the rear end and bed rail end plugs block all the tubes.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
A winch should be up there on the list, perhaps behind windshield/roof.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I share the p4 with my son and we highway travel a lot. Can't leave the soft top on. I want to fill deer feeders standing in the bed. Honda offers a short hardtop for the p4 which is what I wish we had bought. The soft top we got has a rear, and I mean rear, panel which we don't need. Anyone want to buy the p4 soft top? Includes windshield attachment hardware. The storage cover is so slick one person has a hard time putting it on. Rain puddles on top without a hard top and like any fabric, leaks. Anyone want to buy the cover? If it were mine only I would go with a plywood roof and hinge the back half to fill feeders, Son does not like the looks,

Answer to your question, Universal Parts A-Arm Guards. Mirrors, break away work great.

advertisement
hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
fishin2Dmax said:
Based on your first ten miles in the cold and getting stuck, it sounds like your first mod's should be a winch and windshield, followed by another bank loan (similar cost to the pioneer) for: Roof, Tracks system, Doors & Rear Enclosure, Heater, Plow, LED Lightbar, Mirrors, Large alloy wheels and Tires, Audio system, rear Bumper; Spare tire & mount; Ancillary Battery, A-arm CV boot protectors, Cab lights, Bed Mat, Street Legal kit; Switch Panel, Overhead gun rack, custom vinyl Graphics Kit, First aid kit, tire repair & fire extinguisher, GPS, GRMS & weather radio, LED whip antenna, 2" trailer hitch, Floor mats, Fender extenders, Ice auger mount, rock sliders, etc...etc.. :lol:

You nailed it! But I wasn't the one asking haha! All those things would be nice but I would have to find some way to convince the wife that we need all that stuff. :D

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
I put Honda hard cab and htr split windshield . But on first few rides I noticed a small thorn in outer cv boot. I ordered all 4 a arm guards. My cv boot was leaking grease already what a downer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Shane said:
I put Honda hard cab and htr split windshield . But on first few rides I noticed a small thorn in outer cv boot. I ordered all 4 a arm guards. My cv boot was leaking grease already what a downer.
Oh. I got a fix. Try this for a small needle hole. Clean it up good. Use a drimmel and sander or something to rough up around the hole. Spray it with degreaser, I use carb cleaner. Wipe it off. Let dry. Then dab some black silicon on it. Let it cure before moving it. You will be surprised how long it will last. U may forget it was there.