What’s your trail ride “must carry”

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
When out on the trails for a day what’s on your rig? What do you take out with you?
I have tended to pack light in the past but I went riding with a friend that brought everything including windex for a quick window clean!
So what is a normal carry for a day on the trails for you?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When out on the trails for a day what’s on your rig? What do you take out with you?
I have tended to pack light in the past but I went riding with a friend that brought everything including windex for a quick window clean!
So what is a normal carry for a day on the trails for you?
It’s often just the wife and I alone so my big black box has a lot of tools and equipment. Including the jumbo bear spray and a sixer. And I keep a moistened microfiber cloth in a zip lock to clean the windshield. SuperATV says not to use windex, but perhaps your friend has a glass windshield....

R

rickoshea

my large item things are a viair portable air compressor and a tire plug kit.all my recovery gear,small hatchet and kabar knife and sometimes my stihl 170,and my first aid kit.in the winter i always have my snowshoes and a small snow shovel and again,the chainsaw with me.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bring my GUN,tool box with tools to fix just about anything on the pioneer lol, portable impact, tow straps, machete, tire plugs, cooler, a pretty girl and did I mention a GUN?
That sums it up for me to. Except I have a hand saw instead of machete

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about it I have a little more. The box on the tailgate weighs 85 pounds. Spark plugs, spare lug nuts, jack, various sockets, wrenches, pliers, ratchet straps, zip ties, tow strap and rope, short strap to hook to front of pioneer if using a snatch block on the winch, cordless impact. Tire plug kit, air compressor and snatch block stays under the front hood. 4 gallon gas can under the cooler. Sure I'm forgetting something else
20210418 164448

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thinking about it I have a little more. The box on the tailgate weighs 85 pounds. Spark plugs, spare lug nuts, jack, various sockets, wrenches, pliers, ratchet straps, zip ties, tow strap and rope, short strap to hook to front of pioneer if using a snatch block on the winch, cordless impact. Tire plug kit, air compressor and snatch block stays under the front hood. 4 gallon gas can under the cooler. Sure I'm forgetting something else
View attachment 267483
Damn it man, you need a power washer....😂😂

advertisement
Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Guess I found a few more things to add to the "needs" list.
The plug kit and pump is probably a good starting point.
Anyone have a suggestion for a smaller storage trunk? @WagginTail where'd you pick that little black box up?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess I found a few more things to add to the "needs" list.
The plug kit and pump is probably a good starting point.
Anyone have a suggestion for a smaller storage trunk? @WagginTail where'd you pick that little black box up?
It's a kolpin box. I've had it a while. I was looking to get another one but they are $80 on the kolpin site. I ended up with a green plano box from academy for $40. A little bigger size but not as heavy duty as the kolpin. And it wasn't gonna fit on the tailgate as good with the seats up.
20210412 155009
20210117 165729

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Bring a gun.

Take what you need from others 😂

J/K I bring everything and the kitchen sink.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Cell phone, tow straps, baling wire, roll of gorilla tape and a basic wrench set and handful of spare nuts and bolts plus a spare tire and folding T wrench.

I lost my guns in that tragic fiery boat accident otherwise I’d bring that too.

Any other parts I can’t farmer fix with the baling wire and tape are already available elsewhere on the P1k5 or aren’t critically needed. I’ve fixed a lot of stuff temporarily with nothing more than tape, pliers, wire, and a pop can plus my pocket knife.

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cell phone, tow straps, baling wire, roll of gorilla tape and a basic wrench set and handful of spare nuts and bolts plus a spare tire and folding T wrench.

I lost my guns in that tragic fiery boat accident otherwise I’d bring that too.

Any other parts I can’t farmer fix with the baling wire and tape are already available elsewhere on the P1k5 or aren’t critically needed. I’ve fixed a lot of stuff temporarily with nothing more than tape, pliers, wire, and a pop can plus my pocket knife.
I like the bailing wire. I had a tire fall off of a quad when an axle nut came off. Sacrificed a paid of aviator sunglasses to get home.

advertisement