P1000 Wet musty seat

minisoda

minisoda

Aug 21, 2018
MN
We recently purchased a 2016 P1k with 300 miles from a private party. It looked to be in almost new condition with one exception... I think 295 of those miles were done under water!

I immediately smelled a strong musty odor and cleaned out the interior with bleach water. That didn't solve it and I quickly determined that the front seat had water in it. I could hear it sloshing around when removed, but it didn't have anywhere to exit.

Last night I drilled a hole in one end and drained the water. Granted it hasn't had much time to dry, but still smells very musty.

Any ideas?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We recently purchased a 2016 P1k with 300 miles from a private party. It looked to be in almost new condition with one exception... I think 295 of those miles were done under water!

I immediately smelled a strong musty odor and cleaned out the interior with bleach water. That didn't solve it and I quickly determined that the front seat had water in it. I could hear it sloshing around when removed, but it didn't have anywhere to exit.

Last night I drilled a hole in one end and drained the water. Granted it hasn't had much time to dry, but still smells very musty.

Any ideas?
By the 2017 seat I've heard it's way more comfortable. As soon as the dogs tare mine that's what I'm getting

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The air cleaners might be the same way.

Reactions: BWAF
minisoda

minisoda

Aug 21, 2018
MN
Good call on the air cleaners.... that is fixable at least!

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 16’ and the glue that holds the seat together at the seams to the plastic came appart and it took in water. It was still under warranty and had it replaced problem solved. The seat is made of an enjection foam, if that gets wet or damp, it’s almost impossible to get it dry much less if it wasn’t taken care of right away, it will grow bacteria and reek of the musty smell you speak of. I’d do what @BWAF said and just buy a new seat.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The 2017 and up seat will fit and is much softer especially after it gets broken in. As soon as I got my new seat I drilled three or four holes in each side and if it ever gets water on the inside I lean it up against the barn out in the sun to drain and dry all day.

This is what I did with the original seat and didn’t have any problems. I did notice that the first time I got water in it that it took weeks and it was still heavy and soaked.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 2017 and up seat will fit and is much softer especially after it gets broken in. As soon as I got my new seat I drilled three or four holes in each side and if it ever gets water on the inside I lean it up against the barn out in the sun to drain and dry all day.

This is what I did with the original seat and didn’t have any problems. I did notice that the first time I got water in it that it took weeks and it was still heavy and soaked.
Same

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33 and BWAF
advertisement