P700 Went look at 700-4

P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
Went look at the Honda 500 and 700-4 today at sportsman show. Think I'm going to buy the bullet and get the 700-4. Plan to call all the Honda shops and see if any will deal on price.

Reactions: Plumber32
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Good choice in my opinion, I like mine more and more every time I drive it.

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014
I don't think you will regret it. We love ours. Just did an oil change today.

DesertRat

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Initially, I didn't want a Pioneer - slow, rough, and clunky were my reasons. However, it's so dependable that people most often use the word "bullet-proof" to describe it - you'll rarely hear that word used to describe other machines that can cost double what this one does. You could probably abuse this machine for years without servicing it a single time if you were so inclined - not recommended, but it's doable.

I put just over 1,300 miles on my 700-4 this past month in some of the harshest conditions that could be found in rocky, mountainous areas with temperatures that pushed up to 115 degrees and there was never even a hint of a problem - not even a flat. It's dependability rocks. The ride is a bit rough, but it can be smoothed down with lowering tire air pressures - it's LOTS smoother running 8 to 10 PSI; and hopefully, new shocks will help as well.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about the slowness, but it's really not a problem on the trails, windy roads, and city driving – The only time speed has been a problem for me is when I have to travel down a highway... That's when I could use another 15 mph or so. That is, 44 mph has been MORE than enough speed for traveling trails - there's evidence on my skid plate to prove that point :)

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree. Remember when that Engine/Transmission came out in the Rincon. Talk was that the automatic would never last. Fooled them . My 05 Rincon is still running strong and never a bit of probem with it. Pulled some good loads with it also.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn