Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Too late,
Not sure what version I just updated to but it crashed my rig. Luckily, I was already building a new one so I just speed that up. Actually, this is the first message on my new rig.
If I can get it to move I'll check the version #.

Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
think my system updated to in a week ago, spent most on last Monday deleting Office and reinstalling to get it to recognize. Finally had to go in a delete some Hexkeys to get it up and running again. They have done well with most the Windows updates since this Windows 10 but this last one broke their streak for sure.

D

Deleted member 3748

Don't do it to many problems.
I wasn't able to stop it. I just kept telling it no and eventually it forced itself on me. I even tried my rape whistle but it just kept going. In the end it had replaced my profile and pretty much wiped out all of my apps but my files stayed intact. Just a PITA. My buddy's PC kept trying to update but would die at around 93%, then repeat. I wiped that one and installed build 1803 from a fresh install. That was painless. The new MS way of updating is ridiculous... at least give us an admin download so we can do it ourselves.

Reactions: JTW and 500oneer
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That took way longer than i expected...

All joking aside, I have Win 10 running with autoupdate on my iMac in background not seeing any issues. I have a couple of programs you need Windows for. It’s a virtual machine so it’s an easy copy/past rebuild so I don’t worry about it crashing.

advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may not see any issues. I read where it was affecting limited machines and they had a fix in place pretty quick. Issue was the patch did not correct some computers. For me it was noticeable on office 365 programs. They wanted to open in safe mode but would not open at all.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Too late,
Not sure what version I just updated to but it crashed my rig. Luckily, I was already building a new one so I just speed that up. Actually, this is the first message on my new rig.
If I can get it to move I'll check the version #.
MAC, MAC and MAC!

D

Deleted member 3748

Windows machines are like the RZRs of the PC world. We may go blowing by you and spray you with mud, but there's a good chance you'll see us burning to the ground around the next turn. :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Windows machines are like the RZRs of the PC world. We may go blowing by you and spray you with mud, but there's a good chance you'll see us burning to the ground around the next turn. :)
I have Windows on my MAC and it will load faster from start up than a cat can lick it's ass. Got both prefer the MAC.

Reactions: ohanacreek
D

Deleted member 3748

I have Windows on my MAC and it will load faster from start up than a cat can lick it's ass. Got both prefer the MAC.
I've worked in data centers the size of groceries stores. There's not a MAC alive that even belongs in that room. A fast startup is likely attributed to a SSD and not processors, RAM or OS.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've worked in data centers the size of groceries stores. There's not a MAC alive that even belongs in that room. A fast startup is likely attributed to a SSD and not processors, RAM or OS.

Nope not for that, they pretty much did away with Mac servers, not for gamers either.

But for average joe they’re the machine to get, they just work.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Nope not for that, they pretty much did away with Mac servers, not for gamers either.

Yep... they're solid and dependable and run and run and run. Just like a Honda.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well after 14 year on this mac and no down time, associated with PC's, I bet It's has a lot faster average. We have PC's at work and there's always something wrong with them and the dam server that's 6 months old! I have to use PC's at work, but not for personal use/home work, Ill never go back to a PC for personal and I'm linked to the PC's at work????? And had to finish projects on the Mac because the PC's where down at work???????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Been in business since 1984, don't play games!

advertisement