Warn Axon 55-S

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've read the manual front to back several times, there doesn't seem to be a "troubleshooting" section. My winch powers out just fine, but it won't power in, even under zero load. The main switch and the handheld blink a red light whenever I try. I doubt it's a wiring problem simply because it was so easy. both red and black are connected directly to my auxiliary battery, which has plenty of power. Any ideas on how I might fix this?

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Rickbash

Jan 15, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've read the manual front to back several times, there doesn't seem to be a "troubleshooting" section. My winch powers out just fine, but it won't power in, even under zero load. The main switch and the handheld blink a red light whenever I try. I doubt it's a wiring problem simply because it was so easy. both red and black are connected directly to my auxiliary battery, which has plenty of power. Any ideas on how I might fix this?
I'm having the exact same problem with my 55-s, just happened today and I have literally only ever stretched out the cable. Did you ever get the problem resolved. And how long did it take for them to send your winch back to you

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm having the exact same problem with my 55-s, just happened today and I have literally only ever stretched out the cable. Did you ever get the problem resolved. And how long did it take for them to send your winch back to you
I called them, explained the problem, and with a couple days I had a pre-paid box in my mailbox to send it back to them. A tech called me about a week later to explain the problem, he replaced the motor and mailed it back. the whole process took about two weeks.