P500 Walker Evans Shock Review part 2

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I know everyone has been patiently waiting for my review on all four shocks together so here it is. Make sure to watch till the end for an announcement on how you guys can find out more about the performance of the shocks. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot. I went back and forth in my head several times before finally deciding to spend that much money on a set of shocks. Your video did ease my mind a bit. When they arrive and I get them installed I will share my thoughts. Thanks again.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Q. Do you still have your rear sway bar on or removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rustell
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I know everyone has been patiently waiting for my review on all four shocks together so here it is. Make sure to watch till the end for an announcement on how you guys can find out more about the performance of the shocks. Enjoy!

Really enjoyed your all of your videos. Thanks a lot !!! Can't wait to get my WE shocks. One question...after all was said and done,what were your final settings on the new shocks ?

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Really enjoyed your all of your videos. Thanks a lot !!! Can't wait to get my WE shocks. One question...after all was said and done,what were your final settings on the new shocks ?
I have been leaving the fronts on 4 up from soft and rears at 2 up from soft for most of my riding. For the "GO FAST" times I ride I turn the fronts up to 6 and rears down to full soft. I'm going to adjust the pre-loads down a bit for just a touch more height so I'll probably have to adjust my settings again as I do.

Reactions: Derail
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have been leaving the fronts on 4 up from soft and rears at 2 up from soft for most of my riding. For the "GO FAST" times I ride I turn the fronts up to 6 and rears down to full soft. I'm going to adjust the pre-loads down a bit for just a touch more height so I'll probably have to adjust my settings again as I do.
Thanks again. Talked to them this morning and they said it could be up to two weeks before my shocks arrive. Anxious.Hoping to have my buggy ready for Trailfest in Gilbert, West Virginia

Reactions: jay_man81
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks again. Talked to them this morning and they said it could be up to two weeks before my shocks arrive. Anxious.Hoping to have my buggy ready for Trailfest in Gilbert, West Virginia
I think my review along with the discount offered to the Pioneer 500 Facebook group (which I recommend joining if you haven't all ready) caused an unexpected influx of orders...lol. It takes them about a week to build them then a week to ship so that's normal turn around for them.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think my review along with the discount offered to the Pioneer 500 Facebook group (which I recommend joining if you haven't all ready) caused an unexpected influx of orders...lol. It takes them about a week to build them then a week to ship so that's normal turn around for them.

What's the code for that discount jay? o_O

advertisement
J

Jonnyho

Sep 17, 2015
What the Heck. I ordered a set and now there is a discount? That stinks!

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
What the Heck. I ordered a set and now there is a discount? That stinks!
Yeah I missed out on that too. My bad. I found them and made the deal before I joined this club or saw the video reviews. Oh well live and learn I reckon.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Not a report here but an observation. I ran the same shocks this past weekend and, in my opinion, if you ride normally with a medium load, even if rocky terrain, I would hold off and see if softer springs are forthcoming. Riding the central PA terrain I noticed little difference with preload pretty soft (though not softest) and shocks on softest setting...just wondering if softer springs for this machine may help for the leisure driver like me-lol

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not a report here but an observation. I ran the same shocks this past weekend and, in my opinion, if you ride normally with a medium load, even if rocky terrain, I would hold off and see if softer springs are forthcoming. Riding the central PA terrain I noticed little difference with preload pretty soft (though not softest) and shocks on softest setting...just wondering if softer springs for this machine may help for the leisure driver like me-lol
WE are sending me 225lb, 200lb, and 175lb springs to test to find the best ones to meet most peoples needs.
The ones that come on them are 250lb so it will be interesting to see what the 175 do compared to the 250's. They were shipping them today so I'll start my testing soon.

chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Looking forward to seeing the testing!
Looks like you have wheel spacers?
They will make a spring feel softer as it effectively makes the a arm longer. Don't forget to factor in that in your testing or at least mention it, as it could have different results from a stock setup with no offset wheels and or spacers?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jay_man81
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Reading the last couple of posts had me a little concerned. Worried the springs might be too stiff. Have not received my shocks yet. But did not want to spend that much cash on something that might be only a marginal improvement. Called WE and they told me that the feedback they have gotten from customers concerning these particular shocks have so far been overwhelmingly positive. And my impression was that if I were not happy with the springs that they would send me different ones with a lighter spring rate. Have not yet received my shocks. Will update as soon as I get them.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Reading the last couple of posts had me a little concerned. Worried the springs might be too stiff. Have not received my shocks yet. But did not want to spend that much cash on something that might be only a marginal improvement. Called WE and they told me that the feedback they have gotten from customers concerning these particular shocks have so far been overwhelmingly positive. And my impression was that if I were not happy with the springs that they would send me different ones with a lighter spring rate. Have not yet received my shocks. Will update as soon as I get them.
There is a good improvement over stock with the springs that come on the WE but it's only safe to assume the 175lb are going to be better yet. I think WE will be good at allowing those who want the lighter springs to exchange them. I should have the different springs next week and will probably start right off with 175lb so I'll keep everyone up to date

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Got my WE front shocks yesterday via FedEx, had to sign for them. Took about 10 days to get them.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I find it a little funny how they said "overwhelmingly"...to this point I only know of two others to have them...and I haven't contacted them since LOL

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I find it a little funny how they said "overwhelmingly"...to this point I only know of two others to have them...and I haven't contacted them since LOL
Maybe there are people who have bought them that you or I are not aware of. I don't know how many they have sold. But I will have firsthand knowledge concerning any improvement they provide very soon. Checked my FedEx tracking number just now and my new shocks should arrive tomorrow or the next day. And I was encouraged when they implied over the phone that if I were not happy that we could work out an exchange for lighter rate springs. Time will tell. Will be sure to share my impressions as soon as I get them installed and try them out.

Reactions: trigger
advertisement