Vibration

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
I have asked this question before, but is anyone else having a vibration at low speeds and eventually that vibration seems to go away after the rpms increase? It's starting to bother me more and more.

B

bbdo

Nov 1, 2013
Yes, but mine has gotten a lot better. Around 250 miles and I used part-syn Castrol 4T 10w30 for the oil. I don't notice it much but I think I was in 4WD last weekend when it happened, but definitely not like the first 150 or so miles.

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I only have around 110 miles on mine so far. Do you think it's in the engine or the tranny. It vibrates enough that it seems like the vibration is l from the muffler. Meaning it is a thin metal vibration sound, if that makes any sense to you.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Bobbo, I think some were commenting a while back that it could be your dump bed latch... not tight enough...

B

Bobbo64

Aug 28, 2013
Will check that out to night. Thanks again for the responses. If you hear of this problem again let me know. It's great to have a forum like this where we are all in this together. I do love my 700-4. My Rincon and Foreman are getting a little jealous. battery went bad on Foreman this past weekend and the Rincon had a flat.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I had the vibration today, it turn out to be that the passenger door was not closed fully. Fixed now

B

BrandonTaylor

Aug 13, 2018
Travelers rest
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry to bring an old thread back but just bought a used 700-2 and feel it vibrates alot at low RPM. Anyone in upstate SC with alot 700-2? I may go to the dealer alot ride a new one to see if it's the same way. Mine has 200 hours and I really like it other than the heavy vibration.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Heavy vibration is not normal, it seems to be very heavy vibration that you are talking about. If it is noise you are talking about, then that could be a bunch of simple things. If it is really a shaking/vibration then you do need to check that out. If the engine runs smooth, then it may be motor mounts or a drive line issue.
A little vibration is normal. Maybe you driving a new one will give you an idea of "normal"..good luck

Reactions: Mudwing and gch1911