P1000m5 Valve cover gasket - really one time use?

G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Curious, is the valve cover gasket on a 2019 Honda pioneer really a single use gasket like the service manual calls out?

(Pic for fun)

Dave aka Ghan Ce06dbdf5cf9abddcb3810a48a82135b

Reactions: sharp
G

Ghaniba

Feb 2, 2019
Northeastern CT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've reused mine no problem.
Curious, doing anything strange? I did mine 3x so far, keeps leaking in a different spot. 7ftlbs as the service manual called out! Not even leaking at the damn half moon toward the front like I EXPECTED!

It's the first service on the sxs. Gasket looks and feels perfect. I've done valve adjustments on TONS of vehicles and never suffered like this! *scream*

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Curious, doing anything strange? I did mine 3x so far, keeps leaking in a different spot. 7ftlbs as the service manual called out! Not even leaking at the damn half moon toward the front like I EXPECTED!

It's the first service on the sxs. Gasket looks and feels perfect. I've done valve adjustments on TONS of vehicles and never suffered like this! *scream*
If i'm not mistaken, I believe there were dowels and it had to go on perfect or it wouldn't fully seat. Check for those and make sure the holes and dowels look good and use a mallet to tap around.