P1000 Upper A Arm

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I could feel a clunk sometimes on the drivers side front end , felt like a loose shock mount, but could never find it. Yesterday i had it up on the forklift changing tires and was giving each tire a shake to see if i had any bearing play and the front drivers side had alot of movement. I found the upper a arm was moving around like the bushings had gone out. I took it apart and found the bushing was still ok but there is a sleeve/collar that goes thru the bushing and the bolt thru it wasnt installed at factory. I just had the bolt going thru the nylon bushing which left alot of space for the a arm to move around on. part # 9 on the diagram ( if i can get it loaded up on here )
A  arm

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be on the phone to the dealer and check the other side haven't heard of this before

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
The other side is tight , Called the dealer to let them know and they wanted me to bring it up so they could inspect it. I wasnt going to waste the time at the dealer why they went back and forth with honda over warranty . I made a temporary sleeve/ collar out of rubber hose until the parts come in. It is just easier to fix it myself. I was just shocked and none to happy to find it that wayThough

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be careful that sleeve is steel it it still have some play or give under pressure how long on the parts

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would contact Honda and let them know about it. Tell them it could of broke and got someone hurt or dead that would get there atention.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Did you get the part ordered?
Asking because I too have a sleeve and bolt sitting on back order. Hopefully it arrivs this week.

Reactions: adnoh and pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Y'all must be ordering that sleeve from the wrong place lol. I got mine in less than 4 days from cheapcycleparts.com.