P1000 Up Sizing

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my wife has finally convinced me to up size from you 700-4 to the 2018 1000-5. I've kept pretty good tabs on 1000-5 but was just curious if there is still anything I need to watch out for or have the dealer take care of before I take it home. I believe all the updates (clutch cover, intake, seat heat, and muffler guard) was taken care of on the 18's. I don't know if it would be worth asking for the fan temp re flash or worry about it when the need arises? I'll definitely check that everything is tight (intake clamps and ground cables). I'm hoping the 1000-5 will take care of us as well as our 700 has. Thanks in advance.

P.S. We are getting a yellow deluxe, but I want to upgrade the color. So if anyone needs yellow panels, I might know where some are.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well my wife has finally convinced me to up size from you 700-4 to the 2018 1000-5. I've kept pretty good tabs on 1000-5 but was just curious if there is still anything I need to watch out for or have the dealer take care of before I take it home. I believe all the updates (clutch cover, intake, seat heat, and muffler guard) was taken care of on the 18's. I don't know if it would be worth asking for the fan temp re flash or worry about it when the need arises? I'll definitely check that everything is tight (intake clamps and ground cables). I'm hoping the 1000-5 will take care of us as well as our 700 has. Thanks in advance.

P.S. We are getting a yellow deluxe, but I want to upgrade the color. So if anyone needs yellow panels, I might know where some are.
CONGRATS!

Reactions: sharp and tjoreo
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Congrats on the new ride.
Push the dealer to do the ECM reflash. One less thing you have to think about while out riding.
What color are you going to make it? The new black looks fantastic.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Make sure the shift lever and 4wd selector are set up properly and that the corresponding lights on the dash come on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for the input. I think we will change the panels out to the 2016 Nemisis Silver. I found the panels for about $300 from Rocky Mountain. We were thinking the 2017 blue but it is about another $100. I haven't priced the black but I'm afraid it will be quite a bit being new. My wife is super excited and even offered to take off work early to come get it tonight. I might have to make her wait til tomorrow just to show her who wears the pants in the family. So as everyone knows, I'll have some pics this afternoon.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride.
Push the dealer to do the ECM reflash. One less thing you have to think about while out riding.
What color are you going to make it? The new black looks fantastic.
I don't know too much about the fan upgrade, but is there a bulletin for the ECM flash? Our dealer is a family run small outfit and I'm just afraid they won't know what I'm talking about. I know when we bought our 2015 700, I asked about the rumor of the 1000 coming out the next year and they didn't know anything about it. This forum sure keeps everyone informed. I might send the question to @HondaTech and get his insight. I really appreciate his and everyones input on this site.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tramguage1 has had his updated.
He might have the bulletin # or something on his invoice you can refer to.
If should be in one of their monthly bulletins they get every month from Honda.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for the input. I think we will change the panels out to the 2016 Nemisis Silver. I found the panels for about $300 from Rocky Mountain. We were thinking the 2017 blue but it is about another $100. I haven't priced the black but I'm afraid it will be quite a bit being new. My wife is super excited and even offered to take off work early to come get it tonight. I might have to make her wait til tomorrow just to show her who wears the pants in the family. So as everyone knows, I'll have some pics this afternoon.
Yea RIGHT! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
W
Whats wrong with yellow? Graphics really show up great, with the yellow back ground and reminds me of spring! HA!

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My boy really wants the yellow, but it's just not to my liking. The longer I look at the $300 price for the panels,though, and the yellow just might start to grow on me. The problem is I have everything in the Rockymoutain cart and one slip of the finger and there goes my mad money for other fun stuff. Like everyone says, this site is a aftermarket addiction, and after having the 700, I want to do everything right this time. And right now.

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My boy really wants the yellow, but it's just not to my liking. The longer I look at the $300 price for the panels,though, and the yellow just might start to grow on me. The problem is I have everything in the Rockymoutain cart and one slip of the finger and there goes my mad money for other fun stuff. Like everyone says, this site is a aftermarket addiction, and after having the 700, I want to do everything right this time. And right now.
I would spend the money on graphics, you could come up with some really cool graphics for $300.00! Like Snake River logo. I really like @Neohio names he has on each side of the doors, Neohio on the drivers side and Mrs Neohio on the passenger door, I really like that! May have to copy that!

Reactions: tjoreo
H

HondaTech

I don't know too much about the fan upgrade, but is there a bulletin for the ECM flash? Our dealer is a family run small outfit and I'm just afraid they won't know what I'm talking about. I know when we bought our 2015 700, I asked about the rumor of the 1000 coming out the next year and they didn't know anything about it. This forum sure keeps everyone informed. I might send the question to @HondaTech and get his insight. I really appreciate his and everyones input on this site.

The ECM update is kind of a iffy thing atm. Its suppose to be applied if the customer is complaining about a overheating condition or a fan inoperable when getting hot.

I for one think they should done before they leave our dealership, but that's not the way Honda is looking at it. I dont know how they would handle the warranty claim on a new unit. But if your dealer wont do it before pickup, just b**** about it on the first service or wait a little bit and then complain.

IMO, it's stupid for Honda to not just say do it to everyone of them. Their only paying us .3 of a hours labor and no parts.

Thanks for the shoutout, I try to help set the record straight when possible and make it look like some of us Technicians and dealers actually know what we're doing and give 2 s***s about your stuff.

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The ECM update is kind of a iffy thing atm. Its suppose to be applied if the customer is complaining about a overheating condition or a fan inoperable when getting hot.

I for one think they should done before they leave our dealership, but that's not the way Honda is looking at it. I dont know how they would handle the warranty claim on a new unit. But if your dealer wont do it before pickup, just b**** about it on the first service or wait a little bit and then complain.

IMO, it's stupid for Honda to not just say do it to everyone of them. Their only paying is .3 of a hours labor and no parts.

Thanks for the shoutout, I try to help set the record straight when possible and make it look like some of us Technicians and dealers actually know what we're doing and give 2 s***s about your stuff.
@hondatech Thank you very much for the reply. I will ask about it but I think I will just keep on eye on the fan. Like I said early I really do appreciate your input and hard work on getting items resolved. I'm always happy to see your avatar on a post. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing