P1000 Tyre problems

D

dsa

Sep 2, 2017
coolah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned a pioneer 1000 -3 for 6 months and I am already having to change my Black ST 8 ply tyres supplied with my new 1000. I took them off today and I counted 19 tyre plugs I have had to put in them over the course of 6 months to keep them up. The unit is operated on a farm in sometimes rough going but the performance of these tyres is hopeless especially given the amount you pay for a new pioneer. I operate 2 honda 500 ATV's in the same environment on 6 ply tyres and get about 18 months from them with the occassional tyre plug needed. I have owned hondas for many years but this is pretty ordinary from a company that should do better.

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned a pioneer 1000 -3 for 6 months and I am already having to change my Black ST 8 ply tyres supplied with my new 1000. I took them off today and I counted 19 tyre plugs I have had to put in them over the course of 6 months to keep them up. The unit is operated on a farm in sometimes rough going but the performance of these tyres is hopeless especially given the amount you pay for a new pioneer. I operate 2 honda 500 ATV's in the same environment on 6 ply tyres and get about 18 months from them with the occassional tyre plug needed. I have owned hondas for many years but this is pretty ordinary from a company that should do better.

Understand your disappointment relative to the other tires. The BlsckStones are 4 ply I thought?

Completely separate, what the heck are you driving over that damages tires in general like that??

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your not in a lot of mud go to a desert tire. My tensor regulators are steel belted and 8 ply. Been indestructible so far over 2200 miles on them not one plug and hardly any wear. A lot of tires with same tread pattern. And most will treat you well. One company has a 10 ply out. They also do really well in snow.

H

HondaTech

I agree those tires have to be one of the worse oem optioned tires out there. Plus their an odd ball size, not alot of 27 inch tires for a 12 inch rim. I think Maxxis might have a Bighorn in that size now.