P500 Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Just wondering if anyone has used this setup for the P500? From what I read, it seems like the KFI is the way to go. I have some RM cash and figured I could apply that to the cost and save some cheddar. Any thoughts are appreciated.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Just wondering if anyone has used this setup for the P500? From what I read, it seems like the KFI is the way to go. I have some RM cash and figured I could apply that to the cost and save some cheddar. Any thoughts are appreciated.
I have a Warn front mount set up - works great and I lost no ground clearance. The whole package was around $500.

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Warn front mount set up - works great and I lost no ground clearance. The whole package was around $500.
Thanks for the info. I think I'll pull the trigger, right after I purchase EPS today.

CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Okay, four years later I finally purchased the Tusk Sub Zero snow plow kit. Not sure if I received the incorrect push tube. The push tube sits about an inch off of the ground with the skids on. Take the skids off and the tube is on the ground. Anyone have experience with this?
IMG 4518

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
That does not look right to me. For the proper geometry for the blade to swing left and right, you want the plane of that pivot mechanism to be parallel to the ground when in use.

Reactions: Pakker and CaboJim
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Okay, four years later I finally purchased the Tusk Sub Zero snow plow kit. Not sure if I received the incorrect push tube. The push tube sits about an inch off of the ground with the skids on. Take the skids off and the tube is on the ground. Anyone have experience with this? View attachment 443440
Wow…that doesn’t look right at all ….the plow is really really out there in length! Along with the incorrect angle, the length will put an enormous amount of torque ( moment) on the frame when you turn.

I don’t think you have the correct push arm assembly. That one looks like a rear or mid mounted type.

Reactions: Pakker and CaboJim
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
That tube assembly might look like it should be the setup if you had tracks put on?

Reactions: CaboJim
CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
Wow…that doesn’t look right at all ….the plow is really really out there in length! Along with the incorrect angle, the length will put an enormous amount of torque ( moment) on the frame when you turn.

I don’t think you have the correct push arm assembly. That one looks like a rear or mid mounted type.
I sent pictures and measurements to RM ATV. I am waiting back to hear from them.

Reactions: Red500 and Vikes79