P1000 Turnpro & Whips

Beeerrry

Beeerrry

Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2024
Boonville, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i recently ordered a TurnPro signal kit and a set of 3ft whip lights for my P1k5. Has anyone had success incorporating the whips into the signal circuit while still being able to use the whips in normal fashion?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can but u need to have whips that are compatible for that application aka turn and stop. Std whips wont work.

Beeerrry

Beeerrry

Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2024
Boonville, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the controller for my whips.
You can but u need to have whips that are compatible for that application aka turn and stop. Std whips wont work.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 436470Here is the controller for my whips.
Looks like you can then. I have had 2 different sets of whips on my Talon and has close to the same set up.
Basically the colors there indicate what wire on your whip ends do what. Just splice the coordinating wire on that controller to the Brake, Right turn, Left Turn etc. and you will have the whips doing what your Turn pro does. Its a bit of a tedious process, just take your time when hooking them up

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i recently ordered a TurnPro signal kit and a set of 3ft whip lights for my P1k5. Has anyone had success incorporating the whips into the signal circuit while still being able to use the whips in normal fashion?
Turn pro can do this for you. I was needing a new controller due to something that was my fault. I spoke with Grant and he added leads on the new controller for this, which was very inexpensive. I am running some cheap whips I bought on amazon.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also make your own controller or "logic" circuit on the cheap with two diodes for each whip.

Diodes

If anyone needs the circuit, it's simple enough I can draw it and post a picture.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Beeerrry

Beeerrry

Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2024
Boonville, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So here’s a little follow up:

I’ve taken my time and got everything mounted, and all my wires ran connections are all made, and was testing everything on auxiliary mode. (I have a dual battery set up with an ox battery key on power relay switch.) everything was working great! I was excited. Get everything buttoned up and go to take it for a spin only to find out that in key on power mode the whips turn on, but that is the only functionality I can get from them. The remote that came with the whips will not do anything with them nor can you use the app to connect to them. The blinkers also do not work. where might a person start on troubleshooting something like this?

0d52bcdb4b01bba1d0234bc9954cf80d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So here’s a little follow up:

I’ve taken my time and got everything mounted, and all my wires ran connections are all made, and was testing everything on auxiliary mode. (I have a dual battery set up with an ox battery key on power relay switch.) everything was working great! I was excited. Get everything buttoned up and go to take it for a spin only to find out that in key on power mode the whips turn on, but that is the only functionality I can get from them. The remote that came with the whips will not do anything with them nor can you use the app to connect to them. The blinkers also do not work. where might a person start on troubleshooting something like this?

View attachment 436739

Try hooking them up constant 12v power and see if they work? If not, you've got a bad controller or whips and will need to return them.
Hooking them to key on power shouldn't make any difference on how they operate btw.
Also not sure the brand u have?
But the Chi Com ones are known for cheep circuitry

Reactions: ChadD
Beeerrry

Beeerrry

Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2024
Boonville, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try hooking them up constant 12v power and see if they work? If not, you've got a bad controller or whips and will need to return them.
Hooking them to key on power shouldn't make any difference on how they operate btw.
Also not sure the brand u have?
But the Chi Com ones are known for cheep circuitry
I’ve tried this. I get the same result. They were perfect and then when you turn on the machine, they quit working correctly.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’ve tried this. I get the same result. They were perfect and then when you turn on the machine, they quit working correctly.
F’d up controller
Unless you hooked up your wiring wrong

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you getting your power/ground from for key on power?
I ran into an issue kinda like this on a Talon recently. Trying to install a lighted switch to transfer power from key on/secondary. Found out the hard way (I know better, but forgot) that Honda send power to both sides of their accessory plugs in the "off" state. So we were feeding the switch power unknown to us, and then the auxbeam was doing something weird as well. We couldn't figure out why the switch was lighting in the "off" state. We are installing some diodes to prevent that.

TL/DR, where is your Key-on power? Where are you getting ground?

Beeerrry

Beeerrry

Lifetime Member
Jun 5, 2024
Boonville, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you getting your power/ground from for key on power?
I ran into an issue kinda like this on a Talon recently. Trying to install a lighted switch to transfer power from key on/secondary. Found out the hard way (I know better, but forgot) that Honda send power to both sides of their accessory plugs in the "off" state. So we were feeding the switch power unknown to us, and then the auxbeam was doing something weird as well. We couldn't figure out why the switch was lighting in the "off" state. We are installing some diodes to prevent that.

TL/DR, where is your Key-on power? Where are you getting ground?

The turn pro is getting ground from the aux battery terminal, 12v from aux battery positive, and key on power from the acc circuit ( 15amp fuse)

The whips are getting 12v from the aux battery positive and are grounded to the frame at the rear of the machine. ( I did ran a jumper from the battery negative to the ground to see if it made a difference. It didn’t ) the blinkers are then ran to the corresponding wire in the turn pro harness. Reverse is ran to the reverse wire I. Factory harness.