P1000 Tune research

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So Ive been looking alot at the tunes available for the 1000-5 and im scratching my head. Everyone recommended Florida Cracker but he has since shut his doors based on everything I saw. Is there another reputable company that the board would recommend to get more out of the pioneer? Everything is stock but the suspension/portals (45% reduction) and I am looking for a general upgrade. Im super happy with the gear reduction! I dont mind running 91 in the rig (just dont want to mess with internals on the engine) but I just want to see how far I can push the performance and how! You guys have been great with recommendations and input!

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So Ive been looking alot at the tunes available for the 1000-5 and im scratching my head. Everyone recommended Florida Cracker but he has since shut his doors based on everything I saw. Is there another reputable company that the board would recommend to get more out of the pioneer? Everything is stock but the suspension/portals (45% reduction) and I am looking for a general upgrade. Im super happy with the gear reduction! I dont mind running 91 in the rig (just dont want to mess with internals on the engine) but I just want to see how far I can push the performance and how! You guys have been great with recommendations and input!
So, Complete Offroad Powersports Services is who I got my tuning through about 2 years ago. Some people have a problem with their attitudes, but honestly I've had nothing but good luck and great customer service. I've had tune revisions for life, updates if I change anything or updates that I would need tuned. I have 5 tunes from them. All of them have reverse shifting (works great for plowing). I have a video of my machine after I tuned it. Complete different animal.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, Complete Offroad Powersports Services is who I got my tuning through about 2 years ago. Some people have a problem with their attitudes, but honestly I've had nothing but good luck and great customer service. I've had tune revisions for life, updates if I change anything or updates that I would need tuned. I have 5 tunes from them. All of them have reverse shifting (works great for plowing). I have a video of my machine after I tuned it. Complete different animal.

Awesome. Love the video. Thanks for the input! I'll check them out tonight.

R

rmking34

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
NE Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who else is there doing tunes? I have a PV3. Got Dynojet stage 2 for Christmas! I haven't hooked it up, my 2012 pioneern1000-5 only has 27 miles on it.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who else is there doing tunes? I have a PV3. Got Dynojet stage 2 for Christmas! I haven't hooked it up, my 2012 pioneern1000-5 only has 27 miles on it.
Hess does

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bummer about Florida Cracker, wonder why he stopped, i have his tunes and like them.

advertisement
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe this is a dumb question but how does tuning work on the 1k5? Do you need to send the ECM in to have it tuned or do you need to buy a tuner? If so which one does everyone use?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe this is a dumb question but how does tuning work on the 1k5? Do you need to send the ECM in to have it tuned or do you need to buy a tuner? If so which one does everyone use?
Dynojet PV3 is likely the most popular tuner. The Facebook crowd has been pretty much tied up in tunes from COPs and Florida Crackers. Hess is definitely a reputable choice but there are a few others as well.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t even get water from the COPS yahoos if I was on fire and they were offering to pay me to take it.
Correct. Some people can't handle their attitudes. Personally I've never had a problem with them. And they know these machines pretty well. My Pioneer is night and day difference.