P1000 Tune options for 87 octane expo build

R

rmking34

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
NE Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there anyone else doing tunes! Sense Florida cracker quit?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
looking at tune options and want to stay away from the COPS drama.
Heat control and low end torque. trans shifting.

thanks for the input
B
Did you have problems with COPS ?

B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure talked with dyno jet and got the unlock code so I can modify their tunes. They said I can reset the maps but keep their trans tune and lowered fan cut on. I am more intrested in lowering the fan temp and trans tuning. So just diy . Simple . from what I have read certain companies dont have a dyno that tune these P1000s they just make tunes that work for their customers. Most companies do not offer a low ocatane tune because most peeps are looking for mo power. Not all "Tuners" are created equal so sometimes to get what we want we have to DIY. Fortunately I have family member that understands tuning on a dyno and transmission tuning form extensive work with hp tuners and efi live. I have experience with both.

Trade secret small adjustments , big ones get you in trouble. If you are worried about a warranty leave it alone.

If I blow it up I guess we looking for a talon motor LMAO!

Give dynojet a call .

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure talked with dyno jet and got the unlock code so I can modify their tunes. They said I can reset the maps but keep their trans tune and lowered fan cut on. I am more intrested in lowering the fan temp and trans tuning. So just diy . Simple . from what I have read certain companies dont have a dyno that tune these P1000s they just make tunes that work for their customers. Most companies do not offer a low ocatane tune because most peeps are looking for mo power. Not all "Tuners" are created equal so sometimes to get what we want we have to DIY. Fortunately I have family member that understands tuning on a dyno and transmission tuning form extensive work with hp tuners and efi live. I have experience with both.

Trade secret small adjustments , big ones get you in trouble. If you are worried about a warranty leave it alone.

If I blow it up I guess we looking for a talon motor LMAO!

Give dynojet a call .
Thank you. Not looking for high horse power. A little more would be good but do not want to loose reliability or fuel economy.
Would like to have the trans clutches locked up tight as I do haul a good load with tub trailer and sxs loaded in hilly sandy terrain through the bush, so can not get speed to get more air flow. So from there I get the heat issues which I would also like to improve. Thanks for your responce.