Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all,

Got a 24 Trx 90 for my youngest a couple months ago. I'm finally getting around to installing the remote shut off and I'm wondering if anyone has a Trx 90 service manual or wiring diagram for the kill switch. Used the search function and didnt find anything. Just need to know which wire to tie into and if the switch is normally open or closed. I plan to order a service manual for it but thought I would check here first so I could finish the install. Thanks in advance.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The kill switch needs to be closed for the unit to run.

Your looking for the black wire on the ignition control module.

Attachments

• ML.RVX34SPX.HP20613015002A (1).pdf
    320.7 KB · Views: 16
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The kill switch needs to be closed for the unit to run.

Your looking for the black wire on the ignition control module.
Well I ended up figuring it out today after some testing. Thank you for the guidance. You were correct that the switch is normally closed but the wire color I needed was black/white. The solid black wire on this one just goes to ground. Some of the wire colors on your schematic didnt match the wires on this Trx, maybe some model years had different colors? So then I dug into it a little deeper and actually tested the switch to determine the correct wire. Anyway, works great now!

Reactions: Red500
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I ended up figuring it out today after some testing. Thank you for the guidance. You were correct that the switch is normally closed but the wire color I needed was black/white. The solid black wire on this one just goes to ground. Some of the wire colors on your schematic didnt match the wires on this Trx, maybe some model years had different colors? So then I dug into it a little deeper and actually tested the switch to determine the correct wire. Anyway, works great now!
Well that's dumb, that's straight out of the Honda service manual.

Figures

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that's dumb, that's straight out of the Honda service manual.

Figures
Agreed...from what I could tell by testing the black/white runs from the cdi to the kill switch and the solid black runs to ground. Then when you move the kill switch it opens the circuit and kills the motor. I'm pretty sure if I had it on the wrong wire my remote shut off wouldn't function. Thanks again.

Reactions: Red500