Trip to Northwest AR from TX - Need help with Tag

cloleson

cloleson

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Nederland, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Leaving for NW AR on 8/16, and was hoping to do some riding while there. In researching places to ride, I've discovered some type of sticker is needed to register my sxs. All the references say to get it from the "Arkansas Department of Revenue." Asking Google about that has been frustrating to say the least, and I can't find a reference to this tag anywhere on a government web site.

Could one of the members that have ridden AR, or lives there, please help me out with info? Do I really need the tag? If so, where do I get it?

BTW, I do have a TX off-road plate on my pioneer. I was hoping maybe that would be enough.

For a bonus, any good riding areas within an hour or so of Harrison?

Thanks in advance!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Leaving for NW AR on 8/16, and was hoping to do some riding while there. In researching places to ride, I've discovered some type of sticker is needed to register my sxs. All the references say to get it from the "Arkansas Department of Revenue." Asking Google about that has been frustrating to say the least, and I can't find a reference to this tag anywhere on a government web site.

Could one of the members that have ridden AR, or lives there, please help me out with info? Do I really need the tag? If so, where do I get it?

BTW, I do have a TX off-road plate on my pioneer. I was hoping maybe that would be enough.

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you paid sale tax for your Texas Plate so that may be it. But call 479-738-6516 Madison Co. Revenue Office to make sure. This Revenue Office is the one I use, in a very small town. No BS from them. But some trail areas have use fees, usually not bad. What part of AR you visiting?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds like you paid sale tax for your Texas Plate so that may be it. But call 479-738-6516 Madison Co. Revenue Office to make sure. This Revenue Office is the one I use, in a very small town. No BS from them. But some trail areas have use fees, usually not bad. What part of AR you visiting?
🤔....I believe he mentioned Harrison.....

Thanks in advance!
Yup.......he did 😂 HA!!!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Reactions: Smittyp
cloleson

cloleson

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Nederland, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all of the help folks. I'm finding several around the area, including that Branson area. We are going to try to hit at least 2-3 different areas while there.

Reactions: Red500 and CID
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
There are some really nice trails just north of Dover Arkansas. There is a campground/restaurant/cabins/trailhead named Mack's Pine, Mack's Pines Recreation Area, that is very helpful at setting you up with maps and information of local trails. I road the trails last year and they were a good mix of terrain and some cool sites to see. I do have some tracks files of several of our rides if you want them.

cloleson

cloleson

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Nederland, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
There are some really nice trails just north of Dover Arkansas. There is a campground/restaurant/cabins/trailhead named Mack's Pine, Mack's Pines Recreation Area, that is very helpful at setting you up with maps and information of local trails. I road the trails last year and they were a good mix of terrain and some cool sites to see. I do have some tracks files of several of our rides if you want them.
Yes, that is one of the areas we definitely plan to hit. Specifically the Moccasin Gap trails. That trailhead is only 1:15 from where we're staying.

As far as the tag for the sxs goes, I've watched numerous videos of folks riding in AR, and have yet to see a bike with this sticker that's supposedly required. I think we're just going to ride and plead ignorance if we actually get stopped.

Reactions: CID and JenElio