P1000 Trencher attachment - does one exist?

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
hey all, just wondering if anyone has come across a trencher attachment or some modification that someone has done to dig trenches? I'm an electrician so looking for a way to use my sxs for work and trenching for conduit would be a super win write off :)

Thanks in advance!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
hey all, just wondering if anyone has come across a trencher attachment or some modification that someone has done to dig trenches? I'm an electrician so looking for a way to use my sxs for work and trenching for conduit would be a super win write off :)

Thanks in advance!
I've never seen one, but self powered units could be modified on the front of the machine similar to a snow plow. I went to this website to get ideas and feel confident that I could create this homemade mod
Guide to Trenching and Trenchers | tools, shovels, and powered trenchers

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
For just a tax write off just rig up a middle buster old plow on your rear hitch. May not work very good but who cares if you can write it off it's a WIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daolin

Daolin

Nov 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
J

JTW

It's called a subsoiler in the implement world.. many have been modified to allow water lines and such to be laid. I bought one for my tractor and I highly doubt a sxs would pull it. I guess it depends how deep you'd need it to cut.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Yes have used a subsoiler before to lay water line. U can fine old middle busters laying around for free at all farms. If he just wants a tax write off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's called a subsoiler in the implement world.. many have been modified to allow water lines and such to be laid. I bought one for my tractor and I highly doubt a sxs would pull it. I guess it depends how deep you'd need it to cut.

There was a thread on here a while back where some guys put something similar to this on their p1k and the hitches were bending and breaking the welds. It said something about up pressure on the hitch is weaker than down pressure like with a trailer. I think they were making food plots or something.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015

The only way I could see this working is on wet ground as it would be easier to bust ground, but not sure the pioneer would pull it. On hard ground, good luck as you would have to have a good amount of weight on it to work and I just don't think it would break the ground. Just my opinion

Reactions: JTW and sharp