MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, This winter I have been pushing snow & pulling logs with my 700. Nothing that I feel is too much for it or outside of its capabilities, but I have been working it & there has been the occasional jar or jerk. There has also been the accidental "put it in gear or change gears to quick" mistake. I recently upgraded tires & rims. The past week or so I have noticed a definite noise that raises & lowers with travel speed. I think a little of it is coming from the new tires but not all. I'm almost to the point of putting the stock tires & rims back on to see if it changes. I don't think it was this noisy in the past.

My question for ya is how noisy is ur 700 when it comes to tranny noise & has anybody ever had tranny issues or repair work done from wear & tear.

Thanks for any thoughts or info.

Reactions: Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have any noise coming from the transmission on mine but I do have some driveline noise now and then. Make sure your brake isn’t sticking, that can be noisy.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
The only noise I hear is gear noise. Russ989 brought up a good point with the rear brake, mine will squeak or chirp sometimes. How many miles/hours are on your 700? I’m at 960 miles.

Last edited:
M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks guys, Sorry I forgot to mention that It is just over 2000 miles right now. I called the local Honda dealer & spoke with the service dept. I told him the work load it sees & he didn't think it was a big deal. He also couldn't see the transmission being the source. Suggested checking both front & rear driveshafts & joints (as they have seen them cause vibrations/noise), the wheel bearings & changing both differential fluids. I checked it over & the brakes are not hanging & there is no rubbing that I can see, but I will give it a good looking at this weekend also.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not really any noise at all it's exceptionally quiet. I want say how many miles it has I would catch some crap , I've had it 9 months.

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing