P1000 Transaxle bearings weeping fluid

D

DenMachine

QUESTION: Is this a common problem to have a weeping of transaxle grease? I have one front and one rear weeping and a friend of mine has the same. His dealer said it is an unresolved problem meaning that when the seal is replaced, it may just be a fix and not necessarily a cure. Anyone having this same problem?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
QUESTION: Is this a common problem to have a weeping of transaxle grease? I have one front and one rear weeping and a friend of mine has the same. His dealer said it is an unresolved problem meaning that when the seal is replaced, it may just be a fix and not necessarily a cure. Anyone having this same problem?
Yes mine stays wet. Sounds kinda dirty. Unless it's leaving a puddle, don't worry about it. Mine has never been low.

D

DenMachine

Yes mine stays wet. Sounds kinda dirty. Unless it's leaving a puddle, don't worry about it. Mine has never been low
OK thanks for the reply. I have checked my levels and not low after 2k miles. Guess I will just keep watching. Wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OK thanks for the reply. I have checked my levels and not low after 2k miles. Guess I will just keep watching. Wonder if anyone else has this problem?
I've seen multiple post on it before. I was kinda trippin when I first seen it but that was probably 5000 miles ago. My front drive shaft has been wet where it comes out of the Trans for about the same amount of time also. I'm not worried about it until I see at least a small puddle on the skids from now on.

Reactions: Lady01
D

DenMachine

Thanks... I will ask my dealer about it when I get back to Wisconsin in May. (Am in Arizona now} It is still under warrantee thanks to previous owner.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB