BRed tranny issues

R

russell1979

Nov 17, 2016
grandview texas
Ownership

1. Big Red
i have owned my 09 BR since 2012 and have loved it. i have serviced with T6 5-40 twice a year and never had any issues till now. i drowned it a few weeks ago. after i got her back to camp i flushed out the head a bunch and took her home. i changed the oil 9 times to be exact and cleaned out the air box, intake and throttle body. i also added a full 2" snorkel while i had it apart. the engine runs great with all the power it ever had and no white smoke. the 1st thing i noticed it wasnt engaging 3rd gear, then it was not starting in 1st but only 2nd gear. after that it started slipping second gear pretty bad. i killed it and restarted and it wouldnt grab in forward or reverse. i towed it home. i took the trans valve body apart expecting to find dirt and grim but it was clean other than a tiny bit of emulsified oil/water on the outside of the valve body. i cranked it and it did engage in forward and reverse but i didnt test ride yet. i havent checked oil pressure yet but it seems to have good pressure. i cranked on it a little while the valve body was out and it sprayed hard.

anyone got any advise? is there a way to see the oil pump chain without taking the front cover off?

PS, i have owned a 08 rincon since new and never had any problems with it.