P1000 Trailer for 1000-5 with tracks and cab

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have an enclosed trailer worth advertising? Tracks go on in about a month and with the soft cab, I would like to run down the freeway with it enclosed in a trailer.

Thanks!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone have an enclosed trailer worth advertising? Tracks go on in about a month and with the soft cab, I would like to run down the freeway with it enclosed in a trailer.

Thanks!
I have an 8.5x20

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome OleRed! Remember you will need a trailer with the proper door height. I think most enclosed trailers have 5 foot doors. Dad had an enclosed trailer that I wanted to convert to camper/toyhauler but the door was to low.

Do the tracks make it ok to use snowmobile trails up there?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tracks add height as well. The set we’ve been looking at add 4.5 inches so keep that in mind as well. Like Farmer said most troubles are finding a tall enough door.

Reactions: dotman1 and Farmer
J

JTW

So 78” BARN DOORS will fit a pioneer with 2.5” high lifter lift, 30’s and Honda roof. But you have to air down the tires and hang off the back. I think I’m around 81-82” at the highest point with fully aired tires.

J

JTW

As for trailers... stealth, Haulmark, Gator, and many others are all made in the same area in GA. There is also millennium brand out of Indiana that makes some nice stuff. There is an area up there where many brands come from.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
been doing some research on this lately, there are a few that have have 7 ft ones now but you lose 6inches with the door frame so the its really 6ft 6inches, they have some gooseneck car haulers that are higher, my avalanche cant do a bed mounted hitch though. been thinking about lowering the cage, though i havent looked to see what that would entail either, because the tall ones are also incredibly expensive

Reactions: Farmer
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
been doing some research on this lately, there are a few that have have 7 ft ones now but you lose 6inches with the door frame so the its really 6ft 6inches, they have some gooseneck car haulers that are higher, my avalanche cant do a bed mounted hitch though. been thinking about lowering the cage, though i havent looked to see what that would entail either, because the tall ones are also incredibly expensive
Lowering cage isn’t bad if you’ve got welding knowledge.4-5 in chop pretty easy. Make sure to sleeve it.
I think our rig normally runs 74in or so

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

Look around on this site. There's been a few well documented chops done.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
the 7ft one barely fit if he says you can fudge it, might be what I get, I want to get 28 or 30s and whatever minim lift I can to clear them, but that's just, if the op wants tracks would have to find a trailer 7.5 or 8ft tall. I would have the thought the tracks add more than 5-6 inches, they look like maybe another 1ft. I haven't seen any in an enclosed trailer, if you do find one its not going to be cheap

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

the 7ft one barely fit if he says you can fudge it, might be what I get, I want to get 28 or 30s and whatever minim lift I can to clear them, but that's just, if the op wants tracks would have to find a trailer 7.5 or 8ft tall. I would have the thought the tracks add more than 5-6 inches, they look like maybe another 1ft. I haven't seen any in an enclosed trailer, if you do find one its not going to be cheap
BARN DOORS... not a ramp being the key to fitting in a 78” opening

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
the ones I was looking at only one trailer even around here with barn doors and 7ft, and he wanted 5500 for 7x14. I got my 6.5 pace 7x14 for 4200. same place has a 7x14 7ft but he wants 5300 too. all the cheaper ones 6ft opening and ramp doors and I'm sure the same affect could be having the front lower or lift the wheels. one of the reasons I liked the pace is leafs can be flipped to raise it and can be overloaded without hurting it too much. that place I listed on Cl is about 5 or 6 hrs away, anybody local is a thousand or 2 more. kinda why i was thinking lower the cage. my rhino fit in the pace it was like 74 with 27s, but once I sat in it and had my stuff in it would clear the door, that was ramp door too. I have a welder I have built a ton of things over the years. the open trailer I'm hauling the pioneer on now I built because they don't make anything thats tall enough to not hit on some of the places I go four wheeling and you can side load three quads.

M

MPL

Mar 30, 2016
Edmonton
the ones I was looking at only one trailer even around here with barn doors and 7ft, and he wanted 5500 for 7x14. I got my 6.5 pace 7x14 for 4200. same place has a 7x14 7ft but he wants 5300 too. all the cheaper ones 6ft opening and ramp doors and I'm sure the same affect could be having the front lower or lift the wheels. one of the reasons I liked the pace is leafs can be flipped to raise it and can be overloaded without hurting it too much. that place I listed on Cl is about 5 or 6 hrs away, anybody local is a thousand or 2 more. kinda why i was thinking lower the cage. my rhino fit in the pace it was like 74 with 27s, but once I sat in it and had my stuff in it would clear the door, that was ramp door too. I have a welder I have built a ton of things over the years. the open trailer I'm hauling the pioneer on now I built because they don't make anything thats tall enough to not hit on some of the places I go four wheeling and you can side load three quads.
I have a 2015 700-4 with tracks and I was going to cut my roof but I found a very inexpensive fix. I use two 2inch ratchet straps and compress the rear suspension,(5 inches) drive in and release the straps. When I'm ready to exit I compress the suspension and back out. I made special hooks to hook onto the top frame.
Total cost twenty dollars for ratchet straps. The time it takes to compress the suspension is one minute. You can see a picture of unit under 700-4 with tracks. I hope it helps.

Reactions: Chooglin
O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome OleRed! Remember you will need a trailer with the proper door height. I think most enclosed trailers have 5 foot doors. Dad had an enclosed trailer that I wanted to convert to camper/toyhauler but the door was to low.

Do the tracks make it ok to use snowmobile trails up there?
you have to have skis in front for minnesota trails and wisconsin says factory tracked machines only

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My travel cover just showed up if that is any clue on my direction for this year fishing. see how frustrated i get taking that thing on and off all the time. I am leaning toward a trailer with a custom salt guard where it takes the majority of the wind and salt....?

J

JTW

My travel cover just showed up if that is any clue on my direction for this year fishing. see how frustrated i get taking that thing on and off all the time. I am leaning toward a trailer with a custom salt guard where it takes the majority of the wind and salt....?
Why not just buy an enclosed and be done with it?

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With tracks and all it is 82" tall, 72" wide and 139" long. No rear doors fit and I didn't want to cut into a fresh trailer to make the door bigger... at least not yet.

advertisement