P700 Tow behind disc harrow

P

Pedpole

Apr 12, 2020
UP
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a large garden that hasn’t been planted in about 6 years that I want to plant next year. I rented a rear tine tiller and worked up about a quarter of it this year and it was a lot of work so I don’t want to use a tiller for all of it. I have been doing a ton research on disc harrows and am leaning towards a tow behind style due to issues with the hitch breaking on ones that use the hitch. The Moto Alliance look pretty good with their manual adjusting mount but I haven't found any reviews on how hard the mount is on the hitch. Here is the Moto Alliance kit I was looking at.
5278CA3A 50CB 48CE 8903 EF174B9DDBFB

Here is the one I am leaning towards now due to using a ball to attach to my Pioneer 700.
F5EFE9F3 C316 482E 88FE 653CABAC91E8

Looking for feedback on either of these two items and how the work. Possible would use to make a few food plots also if they do a decent job on breaking up the ground.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a large garden that hasn’t been planted in about 6 years that I want to plant next year. I rented a rear tine tiller and worked up about a quarter of it this year and it was a lot of work so I don’t want to use a tiller for all of it. I have been doing a ton research on disc harrows and am leaning towards a tow behind style due to issues with the hitch breaking on ones that use the hitch. The Moto Alliance look pretty good with their manual adjusting mount but I haven't found any reviews on how hard the mount is on the hitch. Here is the Moto Alliance kit I was looking at.
View attachment 217800
Here is the one I am leaning towards now due to using a ball to attach to my Pioneer 700.
View attachment 217801

Looking for feedback on either of these two items and how the work. Possible would use to make a few food plots also if they do a decent job on breaking up the ground.
You mentioned wondering how hard these are on the hitch, so it seems like you are aware that the 700 receiver doesn't like a lot of upforce, and will break.

Reactions: Mopower58
P

Pedpole

Apr 12, 2020
UP
Ownership

1. 700-4
You mentioned wondering how hard these are on the hitch, so it seems like you are aware that the 700 receiver doesn't like a lot of upforce, and will break.
Yes been ready mg about it which is reason I’m thinking tow behind. My Polaris atv also is know to have weak hitch.

Reactions: DG Rider
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is a thread on here showing a broken one and what welding and reinforcing was done to remedy it.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Save your money. The amount of weight or downforce needed to loosen 6yr old soil is not possible with anything that you can tow behind your SXS. Unless....it's a towable rototiller with it's own engine. Most of that stuff only works in previously loosened soil. I.E. the day before. Take a little bit of that $800 each year and put it towards renting a compact tractor and tiller if your garden is too big for you to do with a walk behind. You could also put an ad on craigslist looking for such services. There's always a guy out there looking to earn a little beer money with the equipment he has sitting around And, you might make a friend. ;)