Torque Spec for rear Trailing Arms

G

Garyjean

Mar 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I recently installed a Rear Hitch, and i am looking for the Factory Torque Spec for the Trailing Arms. I have seen several videos where they state "good and tight", however i would prefer to bring it back to factory torque spec.

Reactions: TxDoc
G

Garyjean

Mar 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
FYI I contacted Honda Direct, and they are recommending 58 ft/lbs for the Talon X4, this is quite a bit lower than standard torque for that Bolt size

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI I contacted Honda Direct, and they are recommending 58 ft/lbs for the Talon X4, this is quite a bit lower than standard torque for that Bolt size

Go tighter. Those trailing arm bolts like to wallow out the holes in the frame and when they do its a pain in the azz to fix them. Raceco-USA makes a brace kit specifically to prevent that.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Go tighter. Those trailing arm bolts like to wallow out the holes in the frame and when they do its a pain in the azz to fix them. Raceco-USA makes a brace kit specifically to prevent that.
@Lil_Steve @Boundertom

Reactions: Lil_Steve
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those guys both have the wallowed out trailing arm hole problem?
Not that I know of but I've ridden with both of them and wanted them to be aware of the potential problem. 👍

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I looked in the Honda factory service manual, spec is 58 ft/lbs

pete_plp

pete_plp

Feb 15, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I looked in the Honda factory service manual, spec is 58 ft/lbs
Happy Friday! Would you have the link to the manual? Im looking for a few torque specs like break caliper nuts etc. Thanks

H

HondaTech

I believe he is referring to the rear radius rods, not trailing arms, since he installed a hitch.

But yes, the front trailing arm holes are an issue and the braces Jamie sells are the ticket for preventing it.

Reactions: Remington and CID
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Happy Friday! Would you have the link to the manual? Im looking for a few torque specs like break caliper nuts etc. Thanks
I do not have a link. I bought a paper copy of the manual.

advertisement