P1000m5 To lift or not to lift

L

Lenzie

Jul 23, 2019
Wesson Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sure this question has been asked
But I can’t find the answer I’m looking for so here goes . I want bigger tires on my p5 30” and no bigger. I want this to increase ground clearance just a tad .
With all the lifts , forward a arms , rear a arms ,shocks and spacers what does a guy really need to accomplish the 30 in tires ?
I ride in sand , mud, red dirt ,loose gravel.
I could just go up to 28” and avoid anything too risky (deep) I’m not for sinking my machine but I do like to play and not set the bench .
I don’t want to spend money on something that I will later take off for some other up grade . Of course that hasn’t stopped me in the past lol . Please share your wisdom

Reactions: sharp and TripleB
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy runs 30” with 3” bracket lift and scrubs at full lock with 1” spacers in front and 2” in rear.

I have 32” with 2.5” bracket lift, Fox shocks and HighLifter forward arched a arms and have zero scrubbing with 1” spacers on front and 2” on rear.

Red one is mine

D39DBCA3 BA39 47AB 86F9 3B2FFD07D11B B866167C 5E65 4DB9 AB1F A0667210302D

L

Lenzie

Jul 23, 2019
Wesson Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks real sharp !
Is that stock axels? If so any problems so far ? Stock rear ?
Sorry so many questions but I want to make sure I get it right the first time .

Reactions: CumminsPusher
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks real sharp !
Is that stock axels? If so any problems so far ? Stock rear ?
Sorry so many questions but I want to make sure I get it right the first time .

I am all on stock axles yes and rear has arched arms as well. There was scrub back there fully loaded until I put Fox shocks on. I was against the bracket lift until I got my Fox shocks and now I have no issues with ride quality.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sure this question has been asked
But I can’t find the answer I’m looking for so here goes . I want bigger tires on my p5 30” and no bigger. I want this to increase ground clearance just a tad .
With all the lifts , forward a arms , rear a arms ,shocks and spacers what does a guy really need to accomplish the 30 in tires ?
I ride in sand , mud, red dirt ,loose gravel.
I could just go up to 28” and avoid anything too risky (deep) I’m not for sinking my machine but I do like to play and not set the bench .
I don’t want to spend money on something that I will later take off for some other up grade . Of course that hasn’t stopped me in the past lol . Please share your wisdom

What Glock Says
Super atv arms...i run 30s with no issues....id avoid the lift if you can. I had it and took it off. Rides alot better no lift
View attachment 150462

I don't run a lift, I have the fox, forward arched arms and 30's, I don't play in mud just rocks and standard trails. The lift makes it tipsy and ride rough. The shocks will allow you to adjust pre-load to the point they tires won't rub except at extremes. I have mine set to factory ride height with the factory tires, when I have my standard ride load out in, then I added the tires. Rides great and I have no problem going anywhere I am willing to take it before the pucker stops me.

L

Lenzie

Jul 23, 2019
Wesson Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the information guy’s.
I believe I will start with the forward and rear a arms and shocks then see how I like it. Thanks again this was really helpful .

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Super atv arms...i run 30s with no issues....id avoid the lift if you can. I had it and took it off. Rides alot better no lift
View attachment 150462
I totally agree here. I had lift but took it out and just running Fox and forward a-arms.
Nice thing about the lift though it kills off the bottoming out of the nose if someone has that problem with stock shocks. But the ride and articulation wasn’t as good, don’t miss the lift.