tires

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Over the weekend I caught a rock and cut a side wall of a tire. With the help of 5 plugs I was able to finish my weekend. As I started looking for a replacement tire I found a websight that has the oem tires what I dont understand is what is the puncture liner that they offer. And does the Pioneer come standard with it. Or with out. I assume honda was cheep and didnt add that option. What does any one know?

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
I also punctured a sidewall on the stock tires in no time. I switched to Maxxis VIPR and am very pleased. Been through hell and they are holding up.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
smokinit said:
Over the weekend I caught a rock and cut a side wall of a tire. With the help of 5 plugs I was able to finish my weekend. As I started looking for a replacement tire I found a websight that has the oem tires what I dont understand is what is the puncture liner that they offer. And does the Pioneer come standard with it. Or with out. I assume honda was cheep and didnt add that option. What does any one know?
smokinit,
Welcome to the HondaSxS community. Love seeing all the new members.
In response to your post...
This is the first I have heard of this a puncture liner in reference to the Pioneer. I would bet NO also.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
OEM as in blackstone...or the cheaper STI AT301 that is identical and available as a 6 ply?

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
is it possible that they are considering the 6 ply rated the ones with puncture resistant liner

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
the cheapest I was able to find the Blackstone tire was $100 shipped to my door does that seem like what they normally are or am I getting hosed

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/Prod ... ey2/AT-301

That's the cheapest i found it. Someone at another board ordered one and said it was identical except for the name on the side and the fact that it was 6 ply. After doing a little research i found that this tire is out under a few names, and the real mfg is a Chinese company called Wanda or something like that. You might find it cheaper under another name.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
considering I need it by Tuesday of next week I probably have done OK on that price then