P500 tires wheels and spacers

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have run swamplites for about 2 years now and havent had any issues. i have 27 X 9 X 12 on front and 27 X 10 X 12 on back on ITP SS216 wheels with 5 + 2 spacing. i have a small amount of rub at full lock on the steering and suspension bottomed out in tight spots. they have some wear on the tread but nothing i wouldnt expect after 2 years. i mainly ride trails with some gravel/ oil roads. the only place i have had trouble was very deep sticky mud that would clog up treads unless i keep wheel speed up. i am upgrading to 29.5 X 10 X 12 all the way around. i got the tires on and as expected they rub the frame at the front spots, i installed 2" wheel spacers all the way around and now tires hit the inner fender about 3-4" up from the bottom. is this normal? i have ordered the 3" lift kit from Outkast Fabworx to rectify this problem.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
i have run swamplites for about 2 years now and havent had any issues. i have 27 X 9 X 12 on front and 27 X 10 X 12 on back on ITP SS216 wheels with 5 + 2 spacing. i have a small amount of rub at full lock on the steering and suspension bottomed out in tight spots. they have some wear on the tread but nothing i wouldnt expect after 2 years. i mainly ride trails with some gravel/ oil roads. the only place i have had trouble was very deep sticky mud that would clog up treads unless i keep wheel speed up. i am upgrading to 29.5 X 10 X 12 all the way around. i got the tires on and as expected they rub the frame at the front spots, i installed 2" wheel spacers all the way around and now tires hit the inner fender about 3-4" up from the bottom. is this normal? i have ordered the 3" lift kit from Outkast Fabworx to rectify this problem.
I think I seen somewhere that people are using a heat gun to bend the inner fender in to help for clearance.

Reactions: Dp5hunter