P1000 Throttle Maxx for P1000

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to give a shout out for Mike at Throttle Maxx!

Based on Jackal's success retrofitting a Throttle Maxx made for the P500/P700 onto his P1000, I ordered one and fitted it up. I did notice that the back side of the factory pedal did not fall into the groove on the Throttle Maxx as intended, but everything did tighten up. Being a touch OCD, I looked on Throttle Maxx's website today and saw they actually had a new design out just for the P1000. I used their "contact us" form and submitted a question regarding exchanging my Throttle Maxx for one made for the P1000, as I figured it didn't hurt to ask. To my surprise, Mike personally called me and offered to exchange as long as I paid return shipping - he's even throwing in a T-shirt. Excellent, over-the-top customer service IMO, which is getting hard to come by these days.

I've only put a couple miles on the P500/P700 Throttle Maxx I installed - it seems to be a great product from my experience so far, and had Mike not allowed me to exchange, I would have still purchased the P1000 version and looked to sell mine in the classifieds. Looking forward to getting the new one and putting some time on it - hoping to maybe get a real ride in late October or maybe even in November. Will update this thread when I have more time on it, otherwise you can check out Jackal's build thread and his comments/recommendation.

Waylan

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like mine. It took a little while to get used to it, though. It's great for feathering the throttle over rocky areas and through tight spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct
S

Shifty

Aug 1, 2016
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just purchased and received my Throttle Maxx for P1K-5D, I am amazed at how well this works. It was a breeze to install and the owner called me shortly after my order to get my shirt size and gave a free T-shirt with the order. Excellent product, arrived in a few days, excellent company! I couldn't be happier with this accessory. If you want to level out throttle advance this is for you!

Reactions: pct and AKRider
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too enjoy mine. It helps with the bump throttle that I was having a hard time controlling. It also allows me to maintain a slow speed when needed. Great product.
This is the reason I bought one... Jackel mentioned it on his build or somewhere. An inexpensive device that help control the machine... I'll do that!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just looked at the website, thought I was interested. $65.00!!!! Are you kidding me? It should be free shipping. Glad you boys like yours but I do just fine without one... lol. I'm all for free enterprise but half that price would be at the upper end of reasonable.

Reactions: Damian and pct
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just looked at the website, thought I was interested. $65.00!!!! Are you kidding me? It should be free shipping. Glad you boys like yours but I do just fine without one... lol. I'm all for free enterprise but half that price would be at the upper end of reasonable.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I struggle with my foot slipping off the gas occasionally but I'll either make due or fab something up. $65 for that to me is insane. Not saying I don't spend money on insane things myself but I'll try to go another route on this LOL.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was thinking the exact same thing. I struggle with my foot slipping off the gas occasionally but I'll either make due or fab something up. $65 for that to me is insane. Not saying I don't spend money on insane things myself but I'll try to go another route on this LOL.
I've put some "sandpaper step tape" on my throttle and it's been perfect. Foot hasn't slipped since I applied it

advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting. I'm pretty sure I paid $55. Supply and demand, I guess.

Reactions: drfubar and pct
A

Aaron_

Sep 1, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Old thread, but since I’m going to be fabing one of these soon, I’ll leave the link to the piece I’ll be starting with. I’ll be cutting off one of the ends to make it the piece that bolts across the top of the pedal down to the part that’s left that’ll go below it and bending the flat part up that goes on the floorboard. I have a bucket of nuts and bolts and a Dremel, so this won’t cost more than the hinge itself.

If you really look at it, you’re basically buying one of these hinges minus the cool cutouts and powder coating. The $65 price on their website is definitely a no for me.

Happy fabing!

Shop Stanley-National Hardware Zinc Gate Hinge at Lowes.com

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Free shipping but it’s $70 now!

Ha... $8 hinge $1.50 in screws and paint SAME outcome.

Reactions: drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Old thread, but since I’m going to be fabing one of these soon, I’ll leave the link to the piece I’ll be starting with. I’ll be cutting off one of the ends to make it the piece that bolts across the top of the pedal down to the part that’s left that’ll go below it and bending the flat part up that goes on the floorboard. I have a bucket of nuts and bolts and a Dremel, so this won’t cost more than the hinge itself.

If you really look at it, you’re basically buying one of these hinges minus the cool cutouts and powder coating. The $65 price on their website is definitely a no for me.

Happy fabing!

Shop Stanley-National Hardware Zinc Gate Hinge at Lowes.com
Just don't post pics on FB or the owner of Throttlemaxx will threaten you with a patent lawsuit lol. No, seriously. He will.
Make sure you get that angle right on piece resting on floorboard or you'll have a stuck throttle on your hands lol.
IMG 20170621 113153261 1336x752
IMG 20170621 171708501 1336x752

A

Aaron_

Sep 1, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just don't post pics on FB or the owner of Throttlemaxx will threaten you with a patent lawsuit lol. No, seriously. He will.
Make sure you get that angle right on piece resting on floorboard or you'll have a stuck throttle on your hands lol.
View attachment 55368 View attachment 55370

There it is!!!! Even better that you’ve beat me to it! Looks great! Do you have pics of the cut you did to fit under the pedal? Thanks for sharing, brother!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There it is!!!! Even better that you’ve beat me to it! Looks great! Do you have pics of the cut you did to fit under the pedal? Thanks for sharing, brother!
Yeah I got measurements wrote down somewhere out in shop somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up in the morning. Infant twins are keeping me up so I may sleep in a little lmao.

advertisement