This was Very Sad to Hear

M

Michael53

Dec 13, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I intentionally didn’t buy the ‘21 Live Valve because it seemed like a bad idea. My non-LV works great for what it should be expected to do. I hope you get something that works for you. I love Polaris - Had. Sportsman 800 ATV for 15 years that was awesome. So best of luck to you!

Last edited:
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I didn't want the Live Valve, but the Talon R 4 seat model is only available with the Live Valve. Most work great. I really like the Live Valve. It is better than I thought it would be. Needing a new wiring harness should be a problem from near new and under warranty. Your dealer needs to get with tech line with the code to get it fixed. The dealers and tech line have lots of experience with the live valve so it should be an easy fix. Good luck with your next Side by Side. I have over 54,000 miles on my Talons without a breakdown.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Follow-up video on what he replaced the Talon with. Funny that he thinks it's quiet and Jackal thought his was too noisy -

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It doesnt need a wiring harness

The steering angle sensors are a bad design that let's in water and causes the sensor to loose communication with the system.

The issue was that Honda had the procedure for installation and registration incorrect. They weren't having us set the sensor to "zero" or center when registering and the system would freak out due to the angle reading being way out of line from what the SCU was ok with.

They've since fixed the procedure and other then installing the sensor, it's a 10 minute job to reset the center.

As far as the connector goes, any technician should be able to repair a connector with new pins. There's a bulletin with part numbers for several pins, seals and connector housings available.

As far as a wiring harness goes, if ypu couldn't have that done in 2 maybe 3 working days (so 24hrs tops) then you need to find a new job. I've swapped a 4 seat frame in 3.5 days.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I didn't want the Live Valve, but the Talon R 4 seat model is only available with the Live Valve. Most work great. I really like the Live Valve. It is better than I thought it would be. Needing a new wiring harness should be a problem from near new and under warranty. Your dealer needs to get with tech line with the code to get it fixed. The dealers and tech line have lots of experience with the live valve so it should be an easy fix. Good luck with your next Side by Side. I have over 54,000 miles on my Talons without a breakdown.

Not to be that guy, but Tech Line is a joke anymore. I've taught them stuff they didn't know, we only call them as a last ditch effort or to get confirmation on something before tearing it apart.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
It doesnt need a wiring harness

The steering angle sensors are a bad design that let's in water and causes the sensor to loose communication with the system.

The issue was that Honda had the procedure for installation and registration incorrect. They weren't having us set the sensor to "zero" or center when registering and the system would freak out due to the angle reading being way out of line from what the SCU was ok with.

They've since fixed the procedure and other then installing the sensor, it's a 10 minute job to reset the center.

As far as the connector goes, any technician should be able to repair a connector with new pins. There's a bulletin with part numbers for several pins, seals and connector housings available.

As far as a wiring harness goes, if ypu couldn't have that done in 2 maybe 3 working days (so 24hrs tops) then you need to find a new job. I've swapped a 4 seat frame in 3.5 days.

You are rare in today's world of lazy ass parts changers, alot of us are stuck with crappy dealers and service departments. And like I said in another thread a while ago, you are about the only person on earth I'd let touch my Talon if some sort of weird recall issue ever popped up that required it to be brought back to the dealer to fix and I'm nowhere near there. Lol

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You are rare in today's world of lazy ass parts changers, alot of us are stuck with crappy dealers and service departments. And like I said in another thread a while ago, you are about the only person on earth I'd let touch my Talon if some sort of weird recall issue ever popped up that required it to be brought back to the dealer to fix and I'm nowhere near there. Lol

I want to find that spark again to keep me going, but I may not be doing this for much longer.

My mind just can't take some of it anymore

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I want to find that spark again to keep me going, but I may not be doing this for much longer.

You should try it in the HVAC trade with this younger crowd that dosnt Give AF and you have to go to the call back and face the pissed off customer. Ive been in the trade 25yrs now. 5-6 more to go hopfully and im out. Got to keep trucking. Dont give up!
Listen to Yoda!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

I'm right there with you. I'm a heavy equipment tech and set up, maintain and repair highly specialized drilling and tunneling equipment that we import from Italy and sell here. In the last 3 years the manufacture has completely redesigned their entire line of equipment and it's now so full of proprietary software, hardware and sensors that the manufacturer doesn't want to give us full access to any of their schematics, either hydraulic or electrical for fear of it being ripped off by there competitors and it's making my job pretty freakin difficult. I don't like telling customers I can't fix some of the issues on their equipment because I don't have access to the info to do it, and that im going to have to get Italy to remote into the system to do it for me. It puts me in a real crappy position especially if I can't get the tech guys in Italy on the phone for a day or so. I've been doing this for 10yrs and love my job but I'm just about over it. I was offered another job working for one of our customers maintaining his equipment (6 drill rigs) and I'm seriously considering bailing on the company I work for now.

It's frustrating as hell to be a tech that wants to fix stuff quickly and do it right the first time when the manufacturer of the product fights you the whole way. 😒

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm right there with you. I'm a heavy equipment tech and set up, maintain and repair highly specialized drilling and tunneling equipment that we import from Italy and sell here. In the last 3 years the manufacture has completely redesigned their entire line of equipment and it's now so full of proprietary software, hardware and sensors that the manufacturer doesn't want to give us full access to any of their schematics, either hydraulic or electrical for fear of it being ripped off by there competitors and it's making my job pretty freakin difficult. I don't like telling customers I can't fix some of the issues on their equipment because I don't have access to the info to do it, and that im going to have to get Italy to remote into the system to do it for me. It puts me in a real crappy position especially if I can't get the tech guys in Italy on the phone for a day or so. I've been doing this for 10yrs and love my job but I'm just about over it. I was offered another job working for one of our customers maintaining his equipment (6 drill rigs) and I'm seriously considering bailing on the company I work for now.

It's frustrating as hell to be a tech that wants to fix stuff quickly and do it right the first time when the manufacturer of the product fights you the whole way. 😒

For me its the type of stuff we work on and the jobs requested. I work on outright garbage at times and it'l never ends.

I'm honestly on the verge of branching off on my own, that way I set the limits on what I work on and what jobs I'm taking on.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

For me its the type of stuff we work on and the jobs requested. I work on outright garbage at times and it'l never ends.

I'm honestly on the verge of branching off on my own, that way I set the limits on what I work on and what jobs I'm taking on.
I worked on diesels at a dealership for 13 years, got fed up with the politics and had my own light duty truck diesel repair shop for 15 years. Scary at first but well worth it in the long run. 👍👍

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'd love to make this sxs parts business my main gig but my wife is not in favor of that.

My day job is drafting and design for an engineering firm that supports the local petrochem industries near us. It's been a great career since 2000 but over the last year, I've had run-ins with supervisors who I've worked with since I started. They know me! But they'd rather pick on me than the REAL problems at our office that NEVER change! It's frustrating! We have great software and technology now but can't get projects done any more efficiently than 24 years ago! That just doesn't make sense to me. And we don't design anything new! It's all the same oil processing! I love design work and figuring out problems. I don't like the current work atmosphere.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'd love to make this sxs parts business my main gig but my wife is not in favor of that.

My day job is drafting and design for an engineering firm that supports the local petrochem industries near us. It's been a great career since 2000 but over the last year, I've had run-ins with supervisors who I've worked with since I started. They know me! But they'd rather pick on me than the REAL problems at our office that NEVER change! It's frustrating! We have great software and technology now but can't get projects done any more efficiently than 24 years ago! That just doesn't make sense to me. And we don't design anything new! It's all the same oil processing! I love design work and figuring out problems. I don't like the current work atmosphere.

Same s***, never learn from their f*** ups and keep doing it over and over.

Insanity

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Follow-up video on what he replaced the Talon with. Funny that he thinks it's quiet and Jackal thought his was too noisy -
NOT JUST MY THOUGHTS...................................................... Comments from HIS video......

For the record, I am looking to replace my 2022 RMAX4 1000 XTR with a 2024 / 25 Talon 1000X-4 with the SHOWA shocks just make a bench in the back for the two dogs and go with it.

RMAX Noise