P1000 There goes my first axle!!

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Well went for a ride and got in some nasty mud and broke the outer left front axle. I do have the 3in catvos lift with 31in outlaws skinnies which definitely didn't help. I pretty much ran the same setup on my 2014 yamaha viking for 200hrs and never broke a axle. Not sure if it was just a weird deal or if this is going to be a problem. Not bashing on the bike just a beware with anyone with bigger tires.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
A lot more power than you had with the viking.
I agree there , but I wasn't really being that hard on it. The viking may not have the power the pioneer does but I abused it 10 times harder with no axle problems. Again not trying to compare or bash the pioneer just letting people know that its not that hard to break a axle running bigger tires . Hopefully mine was a fluke thing.

Reactions: amc019
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Not good - what are you going to replace it with ? I've had good luck out of Rhinos from satv on my ranger.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well went for a ride and got in some nasty mud and broke the outer left front axle. I do have the 3in catvos lift with 31in outlaws skinnies which definitely didn't help. I pretty much ran the same setup on my 2014 yamaha viking for 200hrs and never broke a axle. Not sure if it was just a weird deal or if this is going to be a problem. Not bashing on the bike just a beware with anyone with bigger tires.
Dang man, sorry to hear that. Do you have more details on the "break"? stripped splines, twisted axle in half, etc? Jus trying to get a better feel for the exact failure mechanism.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Dang man, sorry to hear that. Do you have more details on the "break"? stripped splines, twisted axle in half, etc? Jus trying to get a better feel for the exact failure mechanism.
It feels like the axle broke inside the cv joint. Can't take it apart because my dealer is going to try to warranty it for me.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Roger that. Keep us posted on the warranty process.
Sure will, they said the lift and tires tech. voids the warranty but since i have the extended warranty and let them do all the services they were going to see what they could do. fingers crossed . Really not holding my breath but worth a shot.

Reactions: Everett and TOOLOUD
AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure will, they said the lift and tires tech. voids the warranty but since i have the extended warranty and let them do all the services they were going to see what they could do. fingers crossed . Really not holding my breath but worth a shot.
How did this turn out? Did the extended warranty cover the repairs?

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i doubt they will warranty. my dealer told me that me lifting it and throwing bigger tires will void the driveline side of the warranty, which honestly seems fair to me. they build machines for the tires they put on.

but my dealer also said that they will not void my warranty from me snorkeling it. i know several other dealers that have said they WILL void the warranty, so i guess thats pretty cool of them.

advertisement
Murph

Murph

Jun 16, 2016
Pinetop/Lakeside Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shouldn't void the warranty if you walked into the dealer and they had one on the showroom floor already set up with all the aftermarket kit on as a package deal should it? That's how I bought mine. I had the wife sold on one, then when I walked in and saw the one in the showroom she said you might as well get that one because your gonna cry if you don't get it.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It shouldn't void the warranty if you walked into the dealer and they had one on the showroom floor already set up with all the aftermarket kit on as a package deal should it? That's how I bought mine. I had the wife sold on one, then when I walked in and saw the one in the showroom she said you might as well get that one because your gonna cry if you don't get it.

Makes sense to me. They sold you a machine in a configuration and a warranty to repair that machine in that configuration should anything happen to it.

I just got my tires. I'm excited. Pics soon.

Murph

Murph

Jun 16, 2016
Pinetop/Lakeside Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love mine. I live in really rocky terrain with a lot of steep terrain and they just handle it all. We have have a ton of rain this season and they handle the mud too. I just need to get some plates for my under belly for all the rocks!