P1000 The perfect East Coast crawler setup?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think Windrock, Royal Blue, and East TN.
What would it be?

Thinking SATV forward arms for more clearance , Walker Evans shocks , remove rear sway bar and 30" tires? No lift.
Wheel spacers for a little width?

I have even thought about custom arms for more travel with a set of King shocks and Rhino axles. But this would require some downtime to fab up the arms and my shop is full till i get another build done.

Project "Snowball"....

I basically want clearance, and flexibility.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Think Windrock, Royal Blue, and East TN.
What would it be?

Thinking SATV forward arms for more clearance , Walker Evans shocks , remove rear sway bar and 30" tires? No lift.
Wheel spacers for a little width?

I have even thought about custom arms for more travel with a set of King shocks and Rhino axles. But this would require some downtime to fab up the arms and my shop is full till i get another build done.

Project "Snowball"....

I basically want clearance, and flexibility.

Perfect. I think many of us around that area run something similar. Few have added a lift kit.
Ya, you need a good skid plate.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully I can get the project in the shop done before the summer wheeling season gets here. Also fabbing up tree kickers and a spare tire carrier .

Gotta order another set of tubing dies for my bender for the tire/rotopack/cooler carrier I want to do. Gonna do some 1 1/2" tubing there to save some weight. Thinking about doing it in aluminum to save even more weight.

Current stock of DOM 1 3/4" tubing screams at me every time I walk by...
Bumpers, different cage....

Oh.. and a rear winch! Which means new exhaust. Yes a skid plate is already in the plans.

Last edited: